Veloster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I'm about to buy a VT but by watching the pictures I noticed that there wasn't any cruise control on this particular model... Which is a bit weird but the seller explained to me that it was an imported car so the options are a bit different.

That was a deal breaker for me because I find the cruise control super useful and comfortable when cruising on the highway. So I've been wondering if it was possible to add the buttons to the steering wheel. I mean, if it's the same base for all models, maybe the electronics are already there?

Anyone knows if it's possible? Or who've done it?

That would be super useful! Thanks so much.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well that's interesting - never knew there was a Veloster without cruise, especially a VT. I hope someone can chime in with a definitive answer, all I can say is on my old Saturn, they ran all the harnesses regardless if that particular car was getting the option or not. So people were picking up the cruise control switchgear, and controller/actuators from junkyards and installing the system themselves. But you still had to take the car into the dealership to get the cruise control enabled in the software before it would work. Not sure if the Veloster is the same, but from a mass production viewpoint, it would be cheaper to harness them all the same on the production floor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes this is exactly what I 've been hoping! I'm on the fence to buy this one but I' d really like to get an answer on whether or not it's possible...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well it might be a hard one...if most Velosters came with cruise control the only ones that would be able to assist would be anyone else that does not have cruise, and who took their dash/steering wheel apart to see if the harness was already in place. Maybe try a dealership?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts