Veloster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK hopefully this goes through seeings I don’t post stuff. My car looks like it’s heading for it’s 3rd rear hatch switch in 5 years . I Absolutely hate this bullshit arrangement with that little rubber covered button under the Hyundai symbol. Washed the car the other day went too lift the hatch and I felt something 🤔Give and that’s all she wrote. Wish this had a cable like say the gas tank cover because you just can’t open the thing. Now I took out extended warranty so it’s still covered BUT what happens when the warranty runs out? LOVE this little car but after 5 years have had the A/C control replaced/ passenger interior light switch wouldn’t click on / rear camer replaced ( because it was like looking through fog back there, and now 3 TIMES with the rear switch/ leaver in the hatch. ALSO BOTH my front doors had weird ripples type effect at the bottom of the doors ( looked dented in the sun , black car, that Hyundai repair shop repaired BUT on a NEW CAR? Like I said love this car it can scoot but I think Hyundai needs too get it together especially in the switches department.👍🏻😎

·
Registered
500 Posts
3 years of ownership & never had any of these issues. sorry bud

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
2012 and replaced the switch after 4 years. That was 4 years ago, so I'm waiting to see if the replacement holds up better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2013 VT just rolled over 55k miles, the only issues I’ve had was the crap door speakers which I’ve had replaced twice under warranty. Never had any switch issues of any kind, in fact this is probably the most reliable car I’ve owned. Keeping my fingers crossed...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 2013 VT just rolled over 55k miles, the only issues I’ve had was the crap door speakers which I’ve had replaced twice under warranty. Never had any switch issues of any kind, in fact this is probably the most reliable car I’ve owned. Keeping my fingers crossed...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glade too hear it ! My speakers are actually quite good!🤔😂I DONT want too hear of problems with these little cars. I love mine it’s just that a 3rd time for a hatch switch is starting too piss me off. It’s under warranty but what happens when it’s not? Bearing in mind I have read of others ( I’m not the only one) I googled it there are LOADS of people out there apparently with the same issue. Glade yours is OK!👍🏻

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Glade too hear it ! My speakers are actually quite good!🤔😂I DONT want too hear of problems with these little cars. I love mine it’s just that a 3rd time for a hatch switch is starting too piss me off. It’s under warranty but what happens when it’s not? Bearing in mind I have read of others ( I’m not the only one) I googled it there are LOADS of people out there apparently with the same issue. Glade yours is OK!👍🏻
Ditto! I love my Dimension speakers and they still sound great! But, yeah, things like replacing the only way to open the hatch is a problem! And you see I have stated as well as many others have that you need to put your complaints on file on NHTSA! If NHTSA gets enough complaints, it can drive a recall! But they won't know if you don't tell them! Once you file a complaint with NTHSA, if you never have, you will see how easy it is to do.

·
Registered
651 Posts
About the rubber cover over the switch that opens the hatch. A year or so ago, I noticed the rubber cover was degrading pretty seriously and now has a hole which will allow water to get in if I aim the hose spray in that area. What I did was after I investigated and found that to replace the rubber cover involved changing the whole switch assembly which was prohibitively expensive.
I was off to the auto parts store and bought a patch kit for tire inner tubes and proceeded to glue a rubber tire patch provided in the kit over the hole and surrounding area to seal it and give the cover some extra help. If you do a good job, it will last a long time doing nothing else.
If you are careful when you push on the switch and not abuse it like I had been doing, I know it will last a very long time, and now that I know what can happen, I am extra careful where I push on the switch. And besides that, I have a few more patches left in the kit.
So, I don't think I'll have any more problem with that switch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ricky D , the Problem with my 3 now switches as of today the 12th November 2019 wasn’t the rubber but the fact that when I went too push the button under the rubber the button just disappeared!!!🤔 I am not heavy handed and treat this car like all my stuff with kid gloves. It was like the bracket holding the switch in position snaps and the button gets recessed too where you can’t operate it. The Hyundai service lady told me they have done LOTS of replacements and that a year ago the switch/ button assembly has been revised to be more durable. I’ll have too see about that?🤔I think it was a little over a year ago when the last one was replaced. Back hatch is rarely used except too do the trash run / put larger items like a jack from Harbor Freight in it . Also the key fob doesn’t seem too do anything wham the hatch symbol on it is pressed. They tell me it unlocks the rear hatch independently of unlocking all the doors but when pressed I don’t hear anything that would suggest it’s been unlocked? So I just use the button under the Hyundai badge/ camera.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ricky D , the Problem with my 3 now switches as of today the 12th November 2019 wasn’t the rubber but the fact that when I went too push the button under the rubber the button just disappeared!!!🤔 I am not heavy handed and treat this car like all my stuff with kid gloves. It was like the bracket holding the switch in position snaps and the button gets recessed too where you can’t operate it. The Hyundai service lady told me they have done LOTS of replacements and that a year ago the switch/ button assembly has been revised to be more durable. I’ll have too see about that?🤔I think it was a little over a year ago when the last one was replaced. Back hatch is rarely used except too do the trash run / put larger items like a jack from Harbor Freight in it . Also the key fob doesn’t seem too do anything when the hatch symbol on it is pressed. They tell me it unlocks the rear hatch independently of unlocking all the doors but when pressed I don’t hear anything that would suggest it’s been unlocked? So I just use the button under the Hyundai badge/ camera.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts