Veloster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

The rearhatch release button from my 2013 Turbo Veloster is not working anymore. I wentto the dealership thinking that should be an easy fix, but it’s not. Theywanted to charge me $315 !!! Way overpriced to me!
The partis priced only $51, is it that hard to do to replace this part? Also doesanyone know what is the exact part number?
If some ofyou did it on their own, please share your experience.

Thanks!

·
weekend racer
6,462 Posts
not tough to replace on your own with basic tools.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There have been quite a number of different posts regarding this exact subject. I think a search ought to yield some pretty good results.
Thanks for your advice ! I found this helpful thread (posts #22, Aqutis and #30, hipcheck)
https://www.veloster.org/forum/34-hyundai-veloster-interior/85977-tailgate-will-not-unlock-all-electronically-2.html

It looks like Aqutis had to order the whole garnish (#22) and hipcheck had just to change the switch. I am not sure what I need to change as the dealership did not give me the paperwork but it was $51 so I think it's probably the same part: 81260-2V000!!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
weekend racer
6,462 Posts
from what i glean, one has a camera and one does not?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealership was completely wrong! There was no part to replace!!! It was a super easy fix : just one piece that was not glued anymore ! Additional glue fixed the issue !!! This dealership is just a crook and I think they didn't even look at my car!!!!
NEVER AGAIN!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
chrisl1208
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing