Veloster Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried using both the hatch button and the keyfob button, both ways just make a clicking noise from the hatch lock but even with force, it still does not budge open.
With the emergency slide, even when I unlock it by pulling the slide open, the door slightly budges from the outside, but does not fully open. I have to get someone else to pull the hatch open from the outside while I'm holding the slide open from the inside.

Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've tried using both the hatch button and the keyfob button, both ways just make a clicking noise from the hatch lock but even with force, it still does not budge open.
With the emergency slide, even when I unlock it by pulling the slide open, the door slightly budges from the outside, but does not fully open. I have to get someone else to pull the hatch open from the outside while I'm holding the slide open from the inside.

Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks in advance for any help!
sounds like your latch is bad. mine started to be very difficult to push and get to release.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,683 Posts
you have two options... pull and clean the electronic latch mechanism attached to the body, or replace it. sounds like the button isn't the problem THIS ONE TIME lol so that is what i would do.

Reactions: wyzen

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is what you need for your trunk lid so it works again.

Rear TailGate Latch Trunk Lid Lock Actuator Motor 81230-2V000 For Veloster 12-17

Amazon.com: Rear TailGate Latch Trunk Lid Lock Actuator Motor 81230-2V000 For Veloster 12-17: Automotive
Buy Rear TailGate Latch Trunk Lid Lock Actuator Motor 81230-2V000 For Veloster 12-17: Tailgate Locks - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases
www.amazon.com

90 bucks
Thanks heaps, ill check it out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts