Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 860 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Veloster owners, feel free to post your real world mpgs here. The Veloster is rated 28 city, 40 hwy. It's interesting to see if the Veloster is better or worse than those numbers.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
My first 130 miles average 34 mpg. Thats 50% highway (mountainous terrain), 50% rural, also hilly. No complaints here.

·
Registered
128 Posts
If a couple of you would give me a test run at 65 on flat road, I'd appreciate it. Doesn't have to be long mileage... Please indicate M/A tranny.
thanks
Jim

·
Registered
127 Posts
If a couple of you would give me a test run at 65 on flat road, I'd appreciate it. Doesn't have to be long mileage... Please indicate M/A tranny.
thanks
Jim
I just bought a 2012 Hyundai Accent SE with the same 1.6 GDI engine (and roughly similar weight as the Veloster). The problem with the onboard computer making the MPG calculation is it's generally a bit more optimistic than reality. As an example, my last full tank run showed 37.9 MPG on the computer but based on my actual calculation, it was about 36.1 MPG (about 70% highway, 30% city). I believe a test run at 65 using the computer will give you higher-than-actual MPG figures.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Sticky-ed

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
thanks
Jim
Sorry, there isn't any flat road within 80+ miles from my regular travels. Nice twisties, though:D

·
Registered
142 Posts
I live in North Georgia mountains. Mostly rural two lane driving with minimal town driving. 36.7mpg first 150 miles. That is better than my 2010 Honda Fit got.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I just bought a 2012 Hyundai Accent SE with the same 1.6 GDI engine (and roughly similar weight as the Veloster). The problem with the onboard computer making the MPG calculation is it's generally a bit more optimistic than reality. As an example, my last full tank run showed 37.9 MPG on the computer but based on my actual calculation, it was about 36.1 MPG (about 70% highway, 30% city). I believe a test run at 65 using the computer will give you higher-than-actual MPG figures.
i also have a 2012 accent. my computer is a pretty consisten 1.5 mpg's high. at any rate , my 85% highway tanks have all been over 41.5 mpg's (calculated), so the 1.6 gdi is plenty fuel efficient...and the veloster doesnt weight a whole lot more.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a canadian model so we calculate stuff in liters / kmhs. but I will do some conversion. So far I have done 70% city, 30% highways.

the fuel gauge has 12 bars. every bar is about 60 KMs. so technically I can do 720Kms.
so after conversion, that's about 448 miles. Fuel tank is 13.2 gallon.
so the is average is 32.46 miles per gallon.

that's rough calculation. can the car software tell you actual MPG stats ??? if so please let me know how. tnx

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Using the 7" touchscreen there should be an option to view your MPG stats :)

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Trip button on the steering wheel toggles through Trip A, Trip B, Average MPG, Miles to empty and average speed.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Does this info show up on the 7" screen or in the small display area between the speedometer and tachometer?
It's on the little screen between the gauges. I wish it included instant mpg because that's a decent learning tool.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I was disappointed that the instant-MPG was missing as well.

For my city/highway test drive, I reset the MPG-o-meter and drove about 10 miles. A bunch of that was busy city driving and the time I was on the freeway I was changing gears frequently and testing acceleration. When I got back to the dealer, the MPG-o-meter was just under 35 mpg. This was with a DCT car with no other options.

I know it's a short drive, but 35 mpg on a semi-aggressive test drive is pretty impressive in my book.

·
Registered
150 Posts
on first tank of gas reset after leaving dealership, at 8.8 right now, but Ill reset again after I empty the first tank as to me the first tank means nothing~

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just took a test drive on a manual with tech package. Drove for 6 miles - half highway, half city traffic. The compuetr average was 35.9mpg. I thought that was great considering I was driving very fast and stopping and starting hard since it was a test drive and I was trying to see what it would do. I am very impressed with this car and the lack of horsepower is not that bad. I do plan to buy one as soon as I find a DCT with tech package in Vitamin C or Boston Red.:)

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
First tank, 310 miles thus far, computer shows 125 miles to empty and 36.4 mpg. 25% highway, hilly terrain, 65% rural two lane hilly roads, 10% in town.

·
Registered
638 Posts
What kind of fuel you need on the veloster ( Regular or Premium?)

1 - 20 of 860 Posts