Veloster Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
981 Posts
1. Post a pic of YOUR part you are selling, not some factory or internet catalog pic!
2. In the pic, your screen name must be written on paper and laying with the item being sold and date, so we know it is YOUR item and not someone elses pic you are trying to use as your own.
3. Location! No location, no sale ad!
4. Please include the model year and model that the part is for (ie,turbo,nav)
5. If you have no intentions of buying an item please do no post. No comments about where it can be found cheaper and what not
6. A price is REQUIRED this is not ebay there will not be any bidding.

These rules are to try and prevent anyone from being scammed as the forum gets bigger.

If you post an item for sale without following the rules it will be deleted immediately without warning

Thank you

· Registered
94 Posts
1. Post a pic of YOUR part you are selling, not some factory or internet catalog pic!
2. In the pic, your screen name must be written on paper and laying with the item being sold and date, so we know it is YOUR item and not someone elses pic you are trying to use as your own.
5. If you have no intentions of buying an item please do no post. No comments about where it can be found cheaper and what not.
6. A price is REQUIRED this is not eBay there will not be any bidding.

These rules are to try and prevent anyone from being scammed as the forum gets bigger.

Thank you
~ Moderators.

^ this is easier to read, not trying to belittle you or anything just trying to help. Also what about a first time poster? No 10 post count minimum or anything? Also a disclaimer that the site and moderators are not responsible for what a happens with a buyer / seller, buy at your own risk type thing.

Also always pay the paypal fee (taken from a very large car forum),

If you send money as a Gift through PayPal to avoid the fees, you are waiving any rights you have to dispute the reversal of the transaction. Gifts have no attachment to goods/service, so there is nothing to for PayPal to investigate to confirm the transaction.

Why this is a problem...

1) You sell an item to someone
2) They send you money as a Gift
3) You ship the item, it arrives
4) They dispute the Gift, which 99 times out of 100 will be immediately refunded without you having any way to dispute it.
5) You are now out your item and the money you were paid temporarily for it.

Please be smart... saving a couple bucks on the PayPal fees is not worth this scenario!!!

· Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont know why it did that. I had it typed like that. Anything to do with paypal is up to the buyer and seller. No you should never gift but im laying out the rules not giving tips on how to buy and sell. I personally think there should be a 30 post minimum for buying and selling but i Cant implement that at the moment so it is in the works.

· Registered
59 Posts
Quick question about posting a car for sale...what can I do to stay within the rules, but the pics I took of the car do not have my my screen name written on a piece of paper. Can I link to a Craigslist posting? Just wanted to give a fellow Veloster member an opportunity to view my car and perhaps they know of a friend interested. Thanks!

· weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,836 Posts
Just snap one real quick doesn't need to be in all of them.

Reactions: dallasbraswell

· Administrator
4,748 Posts
The "For Sale" rules have been updated. Please reacquaint yourself with them.

Reactions: Zach and GaijinPDX

· Registered
10 Posts
5. If you have no intentions of buying an item please do no post. No comments about where it can be found cheaper and what not
6. A price is REQUIRED this is not ebay there will not be any bidding.

If you post an item for sale without following the rules it will be deleted immediately without warning

Thank you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.