Veloster Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Veloster RE:Flex DCT Auto 1.6L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2015 re:flex and bought the car at salvage auction. the old owner hit road kill dear and i had to replace the front bumper, radiator, condenser, and core support. the code p0420 is the only thing coming on and after erasing it, norm comes back after 10+ miles of driving. i replaced the rear/down stream sensor with one from the dealer and it is still the same. after looking at the readings from the live data, the readings dont fluctuate like every other car i have seen. it doesnt fluctuate like at all, sticks around .480v on the live data. another note is, i have never driven a veloster prior to fixing this one and the na 1.6L seems really slow comp. to other 4cyl cars i have driven and i have driven a lot as im a mechanic. alto of engine sound for not much go.

i think the cat. is bad but wanted to ask on here before diving into that.

thx

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,831 Posts
It’s possible it could be the cat.

Car feeing sluggish and p0420. You replaced the sensor already. Cat would be next if the wiring is good. You could also try a defouler.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having the issue with the recall of (198) which is the engine issue and the Cat went bad and most likely it’s due to the Engine being a piece of ****. Does anyone else have this issue?? And pls tell me how to go about getting the recall fixed because no one even a Hyundai dealership doesn’t want to fix this engine issue....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having the issue with the recall of (198) which is the engine issue and the Cat went bad and most likely it’s due to the Engine being a piece of ****. Does anyone else have this issue?? And pls tell me how to go about getting the recall fixed because no one even a Hyundai dealership doesn’t want to fix this engine issue....
Did you ever figure this out? I am having this exact issue now with the recall and this PA0420 code but Hyundai said they checked the recall and it wasn’t that. But a mechanic friend said it 100% is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts