Veloster Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Veloster Turbo Ultimate
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker first time poster.....

I have an issue with my key fob - it randomly unlocks the car - mostly during the overnight but sometimes during the day at work - my office is within range of where I park. Maybe once or twice a week.

Problem is how do I prove it for a warranty claim? Does the computer record locks and unlocks with a timestamp? And if so is it accessible to either myself through the OBDII or the Hyundai techs some other way?

It is a 2019 Turbo Ultimate DCT.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I don't believe that what you are convinced is happening, is truly happening.

There are ways to test to prove what you are saying is actually happening.

Blind testing is the only way. You will need a friend to help you.

First off, the car will not unlock by itself. Secondly the fob is only activated with a push of the button, as is the car itself.

I think your problem arises because of some other reason.

Of course this is only my opinion and you do not have to subscribe to this.

·
Registered
2019 Veloster Turbo Ultimate
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So no I dont know for absolute sure the fob is the problem - but I am pretty sure it is unlocking itself (how? good guess)...basically I noticed it because in the mornings the bluelink would not remote start because it said it was unlocked. After it did it the first time I started logging that I locked the car each evening and having my wife double check (btw I am the only one that drives the car)...did that for a couple weeks and it was unlocked in the morning 3 times over 2 weeks. So then to figure out if it was the cars problem or the fob I bought a faraday bag and put both fobs in them every night for another 2 weeks - no unlocks...then I removed one fob from a bag kept the other in a bag and still no unlocks. I guess the only thing I havent done is take them both back out of the bags and see it I get unlocks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts