Veloster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Remix with stock radio. All of a sudden 2 nights ago the head unit stayed on even after I opened and closed the doors and locked it up to go inside. I had to put the screen saver to none and hold the power button to make a black screen just so it doesn't draw to much power being illuminated. So now before getting out of the car I have to manually push the power button to off before leaving the car. I just got the car a week ago and didn't have this problem the first 6 days. advice will be appreciated as warranty is limited to drivetrain. Thank You

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I still wouldn't hesitate to take it in, especially ASAP since it's so new to you. Hopefully the dealership will figure out what's wrong, and if they're not shady POS people they will probably take care of you. How many miles on her?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealership I bought it from clearly said electrical in no covered under my warranty. They want me to pay them $75 an hour to track down the problem. I Would like to find other means of finding the problem then pay them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did you ever find the fix? I have the exact same year and model and it suddenly started doing the same thing. For me it's not only the radio that stays on, all accessories do also. In order to keep the battery from draining every time I park I have to disconnect the negative.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts