Veloster Forum banner

161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had a '91 Honda CRX Si, has to be the best vehicle I have owned to date .
Bought it August of '91, year end clearance, about $10,000 out the door .
The car only had 121,000 miles on it when I sold it in March '15 .
I really didn't want to get rid of it, but I could no longer get Honda specific parts, put about $300 into it, put it up for sale on a CRX forum and sold it in 3 days for $5000 .
The one thing I wanted to do, was to keep it until I could get Historic Vehicle license plates, that would have been this year, 25 model years old .
Do I miss the car, yes, it was a great driving car, do I like my V, very much so, I don't feel I made a mistake by buying the V and selling the CRZ !!!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had a '91 Honda CRX Si, has to be the best vehicle I have owned to date .
Bought it August of '91, year end clearance, about $10,000 out the door .
The car only had 121,000 miles on it when I sold it in March '15 .
I really didn't want to get rid of it, but I could no longer get Honda specific parts, put about $300 into it, put it up for sale on a CRX forum and sold it in 3 days for $5000 .
The one thing I wanted to do, was to keep it until I could get Historic Vehicle license plates, that would have been this year, 25 model years old .
Do I miss the car, yes, it was a great driving car, do I like my V, very much so, I don't feel I made a mistake by buying the V and selling the CRZ !!!!!!
I had the 88 CRX when the 2nd gen CRX was introduced. Boy that was a fun car! First new car I had. The Veloster reminds me of it when I drive it, but the CRX would probably dissapoint today.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Drove a 2011 Accent hatch. I need good mileage (50 miles rt to work) and the 1.6 na displacement was the same but the V was SO MUCH COOLER!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had a 2004 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6 Speed M/T & besides looking like every other car on the road, really loved it; had great power/performance and gas mileage. (i.e. 27.3 MPG over the 164472 miles I put on it after I got it used) Unfortunately, the Honda was totaled in an accident so I was in a rush to get a replacement car. I wanted a sporty-ish coupe with good mileage (50+ mile round trip commute) and decent performance that was “unique” looking and wouldn’t break the bank to purchase, maintain and/or repair. Had to have manual transmission and a sunroof and be no more than 5 years old.

After considering a number of different vehicles, I settled on the Veloster due to the recent reliability/reputation/warranty of Hyundai brand and feeling that the handling in the Veloster felt better to me than the Genesis Coupe + the negative reviews about the Genesis, and the Veloster was a more financially responsible choice compared to other vehicles I was looking at.
I am really disappointed I made such a HUGE downgrade in power/performance in hopes I would get better mileage (getting worse mileage actually). But other than that, I really like the 2016 Veloster Turbo I ended up with.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Actually that’s one of the first threads I read on this site after getting the Veloster. What I realized is that because of the smaller engine on the Veloster, to maintain the same style of driving I did in my previous vehicle with the same stuff in the vehicle the mileage is gonna suffer; I was just disappointed that it suffers as much as it does as I was hoping to at least get the same if not slightly better. I suppose I COULD do all those things, but that would negate the point of getting a fun car if you have to drive like you are on eggshells all the time.
For reference; I am only whining about a few Avg MPG less than what I got, my biggest whine is the loss of power/performance AND mpg.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Traded my girl in after 90k miles.

2013-02-21_10-16-51_853_zps019385c8.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was driving a BMW mini that I owned from new for 14 years.One day walk past the Hyundai dealership and saw this red Veloster ( I've never liked red cars) couldn't get this car out of my head a week later I bought it. I love this car nice to drive and looks great

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
2005 4.0l Ford Mustang "Premium" Coupe. Stick shift. Upgraded to true dual exhaust with X-pipe and GT takeoff mufflers. Added rear stabilizer bar, CAI and of course Xcal tuner. 17" GT wheels... a few other whistles and bells added that I don't recall. For a V6 it was beastly when flashed for 93 Octane performance. I traded her in with 160K miles on it. Do I miss it? Yes... but I really love the NAV and the difference in fuel economy is just downright startling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2005 Honda S2000. Didn't really want to sell it, but for a few different reasons it made sense to make the change. I'm definitely happy with my 2016 VT R-Spec!

image.jpg

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Some old classics (still have the 80 Camino)

67 Cougar 289 automatic

67 Cougar 351C 4 speed

65 Mustang 289 automatic

66 Ranchero 200 3 speed stick

71 GMC Sprint 350 automatic

80 El-Camino Royal Knight SS

Had a few Jeeps as well ..

88 Yj

89 YJ

01 TJ

04 TJ

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hmmm... this is an old thread I never saw before.
Well, the Veloster was bought used for my oldest daughter to drive. It replaced the 2006 Kia Spectra5 SX she learned to drive on:

·
Registered
67 Posts
1993 Toyota Paseo.
Lived this car and learned how to heel toe down shift with it. Pedal placement and distance was perfect for it. 😍

Completely rebuilt the car mechanically and took 6 months to complete. New Exedy clutch and flywheel with tons of custom chassis bracing to make it a solid foundation for a great driving car. KYB struts and H&R springs got it set perfect.

Best driving car to date, now #2 handling car since I got the Hyundai. Even my rebuilt Porsche 944 doesn't handle as good and that's saying a lot.

I miss the highlighter. Hated to see her go.
Popped a head gasket and couldn't take the time to fix as I do t have the time since I drive a truck. 😔 RIP

D23330B7-CB26-44EA-99F4-A13CF9EFD025.jpeg
CFB904FE-9AEE-48E4-A24C-59CC79DA14B6.jpeg
A07CDBBF-989E-4CE3-AD54-9EA5699E7246.jpeg
864AB962-2DC2-4A77-9B16-41BD170440AB.jpeg
CC5CE9E8-A397-4B06-9A83-0BF173F6D9BA.jpeg
70000F45-EA6A-40CE-A2CD-18988199445A.jpeg

161 - 179 of 179 Posts
About this Discussion
178 Replies
143 Participants
misnblu
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing