Veloster Forum banner

141 - 160 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
2007 Nissan Versa. It was a good car, never had any but the most routine maintenance issues. I had put 155,000 on it and was afraid of the big repair bill that was coming. Bought a slightly used 12 with style and tech in black.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
I traded my 2004 scion xb for my 2013 veloster. .. I sure miss my kleenex box but i LOVE my Veloster! Everyone at my job says it looks like a piece of corn on wheels.

·
Registered
291 Posts
2005 Ford Five Hundred, traded for the V at roughly 150k miles. Great car, and i wish i could have kept it and still gotten the V, but maybe eventually ill but another Five Hundred and mod the crap out of it so itll be my "Sleeper" ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I kept my SUV (Explorer) and traded in my Sonata, which I miss too; but curiously, I like to have the extreme combination of a SUV and a small hatchback/coupe. I'm 1.83m (6 foot tall), so I nearly get squeezed in the V, which I almost have to climb up when I leave the car :) ; for the Explorer I've to climb down... (does this qualify me to be a mountain climber, at least as a hobby?)

I wish I would never traded in my cars, but kept them as a collection...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had a 2002 Subaru Forester Sport. Loved the car, but very costly to repair(engine etc) Took two years of looking until the VT came out. It was worth the wait.

·
Registered
207 Posts
2008 Pontiac G5 GT.

Got wrecked a couple of times. One guy backed into me while backing out of a parking spot the other backing out of a driveway. Go figure.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Holden (Opel) Astra H Sri 2.2 automatic. 2.2 normally aspirated with direct fuel injection, okay performance but not that quick, and performance faded somewhat. It was due for some expensive servicing as routine servicing can be expensive on German cars, and the lack of performance was caused by deposits on the inlet valves (read the catch can thread if you don't want the same thing to happen to your direct injection Veloster). The Veloster had good performance, while steering and handling was quite close to a German car with hot hatch suspension, without the Astra's bone-jarring harsh ride. Add decently fitted out for the price (climate control, leather seats, touch-screen with navigation etc etc), and it was hard to resist. Despite a lot of extra performance, fuel consumption is only a whisker higher than the Astra. Maintenance and servicing costs are less, and now I know how to deal with inlet deposits on direct injection engines so I will make sure that doesn't happen again! My solution will be a can of Subaru upper engine cleaner down the crankcase breather pipe into the inlet manifold at every oil change (7,500km). Fuel system cleaners don't work 'cause the fuel goes direct into the cylinder, so you need to either be preventative or do your maintenance on the inlet tract.

·
Registered
20 Posts
2004 Mazda RX-8.

I did the switch to the VT 2 weeks ago since it seems like the perfect combination of gas mileage, performance, looks, practicality, and standard features. Plus, the RX-8 was dreadful in the snow. The picture was from a 9 mile trip in 6 inches of snow that took close to 2 hours. Scariest 2 hours of my life.

404711_10100492181960430_768755289_n.jpg

·
Registered
79 Posts
2010 G37x. Still have it but only drive in the winter. Gave my little 2015 turbo V to my daughter. She loves it. Got a Caddie ATS-V now. I love it. Gonna unload the Infiniti and get a Jag F-pace next year for my winter car. The V is a fun little car. I still drive it once in a while.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I still have my previous car (LS430), although my wife has moved into it and she drives it now. The RX300 was getting worn out, so I traded that in on the VT. I've been driving Lexus for a long time now, so the Hyundai purchase was a bit of a departure...

Lexus%20Garage.jpg

·
Registered
44 Posts
Previous car was a 1999 Mazda protege lx with 450k on the motor. I drove it 6000 Kms across Canada and eventually ran out of insurance cause the thing couldn't pass safety inspection. I fell in love with the look of the v from the start. To this day I get so many compliments on how custom I made it look that it makes me feel pretty awesome to finally have nice stuff lol

Attachments

141 - 160 of 179 Posts
About this Discussion
178 Replies
143 Participants
misnblu
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing