Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,332 Posts
yea, the date on the article is Nov 10, 2012. already been around this block wasting gas

·
Registered
193 Posts
Lame... Search before you think maybe?

·
Registered
36 Posts
They did settle and owners of affected vehicles are entitled to yearly pre-paid debit cards or credit to dealerships for service.

Anyone know of a website where one can check to see if they fall in that category?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Search maybe? Hint: Its out there somewhere.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
That's probably going to be true, but the U.S. settlement has not been reached yet. Stay tuned. The above settlement was for Canada only.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Total BS. Hyundai does not come up with the number that is on the report. They have to use the EPA estimate given them by the government.
But lawyers don't shive a git. They can't sue the government so they sue the companies.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Total BS. Hyundai does not come up with the number that is on the report. They have to use the EPA estimate given them by the government.
But lawyers don't shive a git. They can't sue the government so they sue the companies.

That's not entirely true. Manufacturers do come up with the numbers. They test for mileage in their own facilities. The EPA gives them the testing requirements and then the manufacturer completes the testing. It would be too cumbersome of a process for the EPA to test every single make, model, engine, drive and transmission every single year. I believe the EPA does run some of the tests and definitely spot checks when the crap hits the fan like with Hyundai.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Then tell us why Hyundai agreed what they did was wrong? That certainly is not the defense the innocent use.

·
Registered
242 Posts
N716 is correct and jkt1954 states correctly that Hyundai admitted fault. What missing here is that Hyundai did not perform the mileage tests according to EPA parameters. They tested the Velosters on a factory track with tires of their choice instead of both track and tires conditions meeting EPA requirements. Hyundai simply broke the rules and admitted the flaw in their testing...there's no larceny here. Hyundai broke the rules by shortcutting EPA test procedures and owned up to it by reimbursing owners in the face of possible/pending litigation.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The Gas refund program seems to be coming to an end in Canada, as they have offered the courts 3 options to settle the case. the options kinda suck tho.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'm sticking with the yearly gas card, I've gotten 2 reimbursements so far totalling $240 for year 2012 & 2013 . Keeping the car for ten years is the plan unless lucky lady lottery strikes, then it will be a Jaguar F Type or Corvette Stingray, or a Shelby, hell maybe all 3..........

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm sticking with the yearly gas card, I've gotten 2 reimbursements so far totalling $240 for year 2012 & 2013 . Keeping the car for ten years is the plan unless lucky lady lottery strikes, then it will be a Jaguar F Type or Corvette Stingray, or a Shelby, hell maybe all 3..........
This is what my parents did with their elantra. they drive from south florida to buffalo a few times a year. They bought the elantra for the HW MPG since their 335i is terrible on gas. Whenever they make the trip they go to the dealership and use the $ to pay for their trip gas.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts