Veloster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i have read and read and read... i have a 2016 veloster turbo manual transmission. Its has a little cone intake and a muffler delete. So i ordered a bluetooth obd2 scanner and hooked it up to torque pro and was looking through everything and noticed i was having misfires in all cylinders. No cel has been thrown. The misfires aren't loud gunshot sounding misfires. I do notice some loss of power. I checked spark plugs they were in fair shape. About to check the gap on em rn. I see alot of people have problems with the coils... but would i be getting a misfire in all cylinders and wouldn't i throw a code? I know gdi's get dirty. Should i clean IM? any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I'd suggest to start with new spark plugs, OEM and scrupulously gapped.

I would also consider a new battery if you haven't already replaced the original.

You don't say the mileage so a intake manifold blasting is probably not necessary.

Start there.

·
weekend racer
7,401 Posts
57K and on 1st set of plugs? you're overdue. like ricky said and gvap at .028 .

·
Registered
799 Posts
Changed plugs.... 1st cylinder isn't Misfiring but the other 3 are. 😭😭😭
Probably time to invest in some new coil packs then. That'd be the thing I'd suggest to do.
And be sure to get the correct coil packs for your car. There are differences.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I know they are different between the Turbo and the Naturally Aspirated engines.
There may be a difference with the year models, I don't know.
I bought a 4 pack on E-Bay for 120 bucks that shipped from South Korea.
They are genuine Hyundai Coil Packs.
I hesitate to give you the part number because I don't want to misinform you possibly.

·
weekend racer
7,401 Posts
yes, the coils are different between nav and turbo and 2016+ uses different coils altogther (3 wire vs 2 wire although i cannot tell you which is which)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts