Veloster Forum banner

1461 - 1480 of 1510 Posts

·
Registered
4,379 Posts

Took this just before sunset with the almost full moon (a small white dot) in the background. We've got a LOT of new folks here, so please share some pictures with us!

·
weekend racer
7,418 Posts
my two korean cars, the kia is back in action and soon will go to its first autocross once i replace the front knuckles, bearings, and hubs from newer, big engined donor rio.

0CFBBB72-EF5C-40DE-93AF-CC8515B8F841.jpg

and this is my other car, my '13 jetta with about 65k miles. in comparison, my '14 VT has almost 90k now and is still whooping ass in NER SCCA CART.

IMG_6004.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: Puppetz

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was doing some maintenance, checking on the car. Most people think I'm crazy, including wife, neighbors relatives etc... I haven't really had a car that I actually liked, but before my VT, I had a few (chevys, VWs), that I was like fanatically opening the hood like almost every day after work and checking things in it, replacing stuff. My past 2 cars I had over the years, I didn't really like much about them, my last car wasn't even picked by me and beside the seats, i liked nearly zero about it (chevy) and couldn't wait to get rid of it. It received far far less attention, although I did the routine maintenance.
My older brother is a mechanic since like forever , I got the habit from him, used to tell me to "pop the hood for a minute, let me check something", back in the day when I knew nearly zero about cars, beside that it has 4 wheels and needs gas to move. He told me, "if you want your car to last, check under the hood at least once a week, you never know what you find. "
The most satisfying to me on this pic is how I managed to scramble my license plate numbers with photoshop app and I wasn't even trying.

30BF9F0B-3454-4D00-B4FE-61655D6E9E5B.jpeg

·
weekend racer
7,418 Posts

·
weekend racer
7,418 Posts
Yes they are older base nav wheels.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I love instant karma :)