Veloster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey first time here. Question: I bought all the OEM coolant and wanted to drain my radiator today and low and behold I take all the plastic off under the hood and found the petcock...... I dont have the tool to do so lol. Wondering if anyone knows the size petcock tool i need to get this done. I have a 2014 veloster turbo 6spd. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahhh ok so what I thought was the petcock was certainly not lol. if it's in the same area as this car. Will deff give it another try tomorrow. Thanks for the input guys.

·
weekend racer
7,427 Posts
It will drain through the radiator support make sure you have a wide bucket lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol cant wait to get it going in the am. I only have gramps to drive up so I'm assuming there will be some left over

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dude im so novice at doing car work. I do oil changes and that's it lol. I'm pretty new to "do it yourself" fixes

·
weekend racer
7,427 Posts
No I mean it empties through a hole in the radiator support straight down from the petcock. But wide bucket helps no matter what. I think pulling the radiator hose would make a bigger mess. I was hoping I had a photo of it stashed away on my thread in HondaSwap lol but I didn’t.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts