Veloster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Sub you all, I wanted to ask did any of you fitted a performance fuel pump like 340LPH
In a NAV veloster? I have 2014 veloster base model ( NAV ) and searching for a new fuel pump ( the OE is available ) but I wanted to ask did anyone tried to fit another fuel pump? If yes what's the company and did it increases the power in any shape or form.

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen, 99 impreza
308 Posts
Generally speaking of fuel pumps no it will not help anything and would likely cause issues with the high pressure fuel pump located on the valve cover (top right when looking at the engine)

The oe fuel pump on most cars is well enough for upgraded fuel injectors on higher horsepower builds. I.e. my 02 wrx stock fuel pump was enough up to about 300 hp before i had to upgrade to a walbro to over come a fuel shortage pursuing 350hp.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
7,964 Posts
fuel pump isn't going to add power.

go with an OEM pump, or you can use the upgraded ones from the VT. i would recommend whatever doesnt part you from your cash the most.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts