Veloster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - I have an original 2011 Veloster and after about 3 years the 'leather' steering wheel is peeling badly whatever that fake leather cover is.

Has anyone had this happen or had it replaced ?

Also - I've had a recent ongoing problem where if I haven't driven the car for a few weeks (I travel a lot with work) then I come back the car will not unlock or response to my keyfob. I have to get in the car with the manual key which sets off the horn alarm (and says on dash 'key not detected' then after a few moments the car comes alive and everything is fine.

It's not a battery issue as I have 2 fobs one unused both do, and after the car starts it doesn't do it again if I drive it every day.

Anyone experienced either of these issues ?

·
Super Moderator
4,396 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Wow -- you are one of the first Veloster forum members still driving the original car AND posting! Glad to see that. I became a member of the forum a month later than you and bought my 2012 in October 2011. And much to many's chagrin, I'm still posting and still driving my beautiful Ironman Silver. When did you buy your 2011? I'm always thinking that there is no 2011 Veloster but perhaps that is only true here in the U.S.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol, http://www.veloster.org/forum/gtsear...steering+wheel

You're not the first, nor the last

I think our search will show you some tips on your FOB also

Thanks gee how did I miss that thread !! Glad to know I'm far from the only one ..

If any other Aussies are reading and had similar problems - can you share what happened with your dealer if/when trying to get it replaced ? If it can't be replaced if anyone knows of any good after market local steering wheel cover places that can do custom fits - let me know also.

Wow -- you are one of the first Veloster forum members still driving the original car AND posting! Glad to see that. I became a member of the forum a month later than you and bought my 2012 in October 2011. And much to many's chagrin, I'm still posting and still driving my beautiful Ironman Silver. When did you buy your 2011? I'm always thinking that there is no 2011 Veloster but perhaps that is only true here in the U.S.
Haha yes I ordered mine in Nov 2011 (before they were even released here) and took delivery in Feb 2012 of my V+ with Dec 2011 build plate - literally the first one off the boat in Australia !!

·
Registered
111 Posts
age.R, my steering wheel start to peel then i went back to dealer and they will replace my steering wheel

please also just "veloster australia " in facebook, people can help you faster

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
age.R, my steering wheel start to peel then i went back to dealer and they will replace my steering wheel

please also just "veloster australia " in facebook, people can help you faster
Thanks Coolmafia can you invite me to the group ? Seem to have trouble bringing it up in FB it's a closed group.

Just took the car in for 30k service and the dealer will replace the steering wheel and also found the unlock issue to be simply low batteries in both fobs. What's weird about that is the fobs were equally low (2.8V) but I only used one until the problem started then the other fob had same problem - I guess the battery in the spare fob drained just from lack of use.

They have also identified the knocking sound I had as a loose hub nut so I'm pretty pleased overall they've picked up all the problems - well done Yarra Hyundai !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts