Veloster Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My biggest pet peeve in a vehicle is some sort of persistent rattle... I had a 2012 Ford Focus Hatch before my VT and there was a rattle that took me a good six months to finally track down and fix.... Front Fender heat guard. Go figure.

Anyway.

When I first got my 2015 VT I noticed that whenever I went over a significant bump or pothole or something that my front passenger seat would rattle. At first I thought it might have been the passenger head rest, but I fidgeted with that and have determined it isn't the issue.

Well...the rattle got progressively worse and more and more annoying. At this point...if I'm driving over like...20mph...the whole seat back of the passenger seat is visibly shaking and producing the ever persistent rattle. I've tried to increase or decrease the angle of the seat back to see if maybe it was just in a "bad" spot. But no matter what...unless someone is sitting in the front passenger seat...that darn rattle.

Has anyone experienced this? Was the dealer able to fix it? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
My biggest pet peeve in a vehicle is some sort of persistent rattle...When I first got my 2015 VT I noticed that whenever I went over a significant bump or pothole or something that my front passenger seat would rattle........ Was the dealer able to fix it? Any suggestions?
There are many possible problems: seating tracks not bolted on correctly; wheel alignment is off; the seat itself is misaligned on it's back and forth track. Whatever it is, take it back to the dealership. Have them ride in the back while you drive them around to demonstrate what the problem is.

Question: does this happen when someone is sitting in the passenger seat? The reason I ask is because maybe the driver's seat would rattle, too, if it was not being sat in. So have them check the driver's seat also.

Let us know what happens once you have it checked out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't happen when someone is sitting in the passenger seat, and I've wondered the same thing about the drivers seat. After we determine the issue on the passenger side I'll have them take a look at the drivers side as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey my brand new VTurbo is doing the same exact thing. Had it for about 3 weeks now. I didn't notice it on the test drive because someone from the dealership was in the front seat and when I bought it I had my buddy with me and he rode home with me. I never knew it did it until I drove it alone which was after I bought it. Was the dealer able to do anything to fix the rattle you experienced?
Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts