Veloster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I am trying to wire up my headlamp LED strips as DRL's. I have already disabled my high beam DRL's. I want the LED strips to turn on with the ignition, but I do not want the taillights to be on at the same time, so I want to tap into the wiring for the parking lamps, and install diodes to keep the taillights from being backfed. I have the service manual but there are no actual wiring diagrams in it. I traced the looming from the passenger side headlamp over to the harness behind the battery but want to find the exact spot the wires for the front 2 LED strips are tied together. If I can tap into the wiring just before this spot, I can reduce the number of diodes required. I found a diagram for the headlamps online, but the diagram does not have any wiring for the parking lamps.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for looking misnblu, really appreciate it. Those are awesome diagrams, where did you find them? They are way better than I found online. I use a fox/hound signal tracer regularly with my job (telecommunications) but I think it might not work in this case because of the grounding points. I'd pick up a signal everywhere probably.I might give it a try though. Hopefully find the parking lamp wires near the battery in the harness

Thanks again

Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
369 Posts
Thanks for looking misnblu, really appreciate it. Those are awesome diagrams, where did you find them? They are way better than I found online. I use a fox/hound signal tracer regularly with my job (telecommunications) but I think it might not work in this case because of the grounding points. I'd pick up a signal everywhere probably.I might give it a try though. Hopefully find the parking lamp wires near the battery in the harness

Thanks again
I went a little bit further and found this.
This is the main headlamp harness socket wiring diagram which shows you the parking lamp wires and their colors.
This may make it a bit easier to work with and hope it helps. 👍
AF60C814-1465-40BA-944D-5E1F33AED633.jpeg

The diagrams are from my 2014 pdf service manual I bought for my build. I needed the wiring schematics and manual for working on my swap. 👍

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome - thanks! I should be able to sound it out with the fox/hound and find the junction where the drivers and passengers side parking lamps tie together. If I can't find it, I will just run a separate wire in looming over to the passenger side and mount an extra set of diodes there. I just want to keep the wiring as clean as possible. I was originally going to put relays in the HB lines to cut the DRL's, but I found pin 25 on connector D on the back of the fuse panel under the dash disables the DRL's without cutting wires. I like simple :)

Reactions: misnblu
1 - 5 of 5 Posts