Veloster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Ricky-D is correct, the parking brake is self adjusting. You shouldn't have to adjust the cables under the console. I'd check the rear brake pads and calipers first before you go adjusting the cables at the handle.

·
weekend racer
6,832 Posts
i always have to adjust mine after changing the pads and/or rotors. otherwise it's just too loose. the cables can stretch.

i don't remember there being a self-adjustment mechanism but the only variables are pad/rotor life and the cables stretching. the cable is held fast with a big spring on each caliper to release.

i've also changed them many times :)

·
Registered
711 Posts
The rear calipers have a "screw-in" type piston that actuates with the application of the emergency brake. The more you use the emergency brake the more the piston self adjusts.
If you feel the need that the emergency brake needs adjustment there is a regular process to utilize for this purpose.
The main thing to learn here is that you should use the emergency brake regularly to actuate the self adjusting feature incorporated into the rear brakes.

·
weekend racer
6,832 Posts
ah, yes i get that part. i have a "pandoras block" as i call it, or piston turn in block lol.

sorry i did not put two and two together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts