Veloster Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 veloster and the retractable roof cover won’t close. The actual roof closes and opens but the cover won’t close. I tried the reset roof trick but still nothing. Please help anyone!

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
This happened to me once. I had to try the reset a few times. Somehow I would get to the part where the sunroof and sunshade would both move a little but the next step didn't work. I restarted by opening the sunroof and repeating and it finally reset correctly. Have never had to reset it again even though I have had the battery changed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This happened to me once. I had to try the reset a few times. Somehow I would get to the part where the sunroof and sunshade would both move a little but the next step didn't work. I restarted by opening the sunroof and repeating and it finally reset correctly. Have never had to reset it again even though I have had the battery changed.
I will be giving this a try thank you! It was becoming unbearable In this Texas heat

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Does the shade even make any kind of movement during the reset attempt? If not, it could be the motor that opens and closes the shade. There are probably fuses that control that motor but I have no idea which fuses they might be. So, I'd want to rule out fuses and then move on to the motor operating the sunshade.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m gonna try that! When I try to close the sunshade you head a clicking noise from the sunshade but it won’t move but I’m gonna try fuses first!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m gonna try that! When I try to close the sunshade you head a clicking noise from the sunshade but it won’t move but I’m gonna try fuses first!
Mine is behaving EXACTLY the same way yours did. Were you able to resolve the problem?

Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have the same problem! Hope you are able to let me now how to fix please!
2021-09-12 update

My mechanic decided to replace the sunshade motor and the sunshade was able to scroll again! Thank you Jimmy!

DT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts