Veloster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Caliper. The rest aren't done yet.

I went with red as the other accents on the car are red.

20190203_142040.jpg 20190203_142026.jpg

Yes, the wheel is dirty. But it has been horrible around here and I'm lucky enough not to NEED my R-spec, so it sits...

·
Registered
12 Posts
A perfect match to the body paint, really nice. Im curious what brand you used as well, Im planning to paint mine yellow.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
POR-15 Caliper Paint.

Got it on Amazon. $15 for 8oz. But I could probably do four sets of calipers easy.

This is not a spray paint. I prefer getting the paint exactly where I want it.

They have various colors and you can see pictures from people that painted theirs so you can see what the colors look like on a car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Appreciate the response Crispy. I do like the fact that it is actual paint and not rattlecan spray paint and $15 for all four sets is cheap! I will be looking into doing that as my first mod.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks.I think they look good because they match car.I have a grey r spec and caliper is already silver.Think ill just leave them alone.I promised myself i wouldnt do any modes but its going to be hard if i keep coming here.Again yours look great.

·
weekend racer
6,462 Posts
they won't stay that silver indefinately, you should opt to clean them up really nice and spray them with a high temp clearcoat.

i agree with crispy, it is much easier to brush on than spray on. and very little disassembly.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup, took off the wheel, hosed them down with brake cleaner, painted. Didn't do the back half as it is not visible. But I did the sides and bottoms.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks good man! I was thinking about painting mine red as well as my car is white. Thanks for the pic and idea man!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
Crispy
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing