Veloster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had this problem for a while,

Installed a Bov like a lot of people, went for the Turbosmart Kompact, love it.
Started getting p2261, applied the forums knowledge, and got a Mac solenoid.

No dice.
No one seems to have a problem after installing a mac so now I need to ask, what could it be?
I don't have issues with not building boost or anything, the car works great and pulls hard.
I do get flutter on quick shifts up high though.
Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Btw just check tube routing on mac in case that helps,
1- pressure from intercooler(like stock)
2-Bov
3-intake manifold(like stock)

·
Registered
16 VT
743 Posts
Year of car? part number of BOV. there are 2. 1031 or 1231? more info the better.

·
weekend racer
7,660 Posts
TurbosMart spring will fit turboxs bov?

edit: nm lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Year of car? part number of BOV. there are 2. 1031 or 1231? more info the better.

Ahh sorry, a 2013, and the turbosmart ts-0203-1031

·
Registered
16 VT
743 Posts
I have one on my 16 that IS NOT THE ADJUSTABLE, and works great. (1231)

Sounds like you need to adjust it, see arrows on unit to loosen. Report back, thanks

·
Registered
16 VT
743 Posts
Adjustment to the BOV is made by rotating the cap.
To increase the spring force on the piston, rotate the cap clockwise in the direction of hard as marked on the top of the cap.
To decrease the spring force on the piston, rotate the cap anticlockwise in the direction of soft as marked on the top of the cap - CAUTION - Do not rotate the cap beyond the O-Ring groove.

If the cap is fully wound down and the piston is still open at idle, remove the cap and install 2 shims to increase the force. Re install the cap and check that the piston is fully closed at idle. Add more shims if required. Once it is confirmed that the piston is fully closed at idle, perform the following adjustment procedure.  Start with the BOV cap at the maximum soft position (The indicator O-Ring should be completely covered by the edge of the cap)  With the engine at idle the exhaust port should be closed off by the piston – the piston should be hard against the seat and not floating or moving  Free rev the engine and back off quickly, the engine should return to normal idle speed – if the engine drops below idle or stalls increase the spring tension by one turn  Repeat this process until the engine free revs and returns to normal idle speed  Test drive the car and ensure that when decelerating or changing gears that the engine has minimal backfiring and no stalling. If backfiring is excessive or stalling is noticed then check all connections made during the installation, otherwise increase the spring tension.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have one on my 16 that IS NOT THE ADJUSTABLE, and works great. (1231)

Sounds like you need to adjust it, see arrows on unit to loosen. Report back, thanks
I have tried to adjust in full turns from full loose to full tight, seems like ful loose tripped CEL faster that full tight. I ordered that blue spring in hopes that more right is more better.

·
weekend racer
7,660 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts