Veloster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '15 Turbo which I purchased in 2017 at 25K miles with an HKS SSQV installed on what looks like the turbosocks FMIC and an Injen CAI. Until a few weeks ago (approx 80K miles) it was operating the way it was supposed to an gave a nice PSSSSH after releasing throttle. This gradually turned to a flutter and threw a P2261 code.

I replaced the vacuum lines and from the BOV to solenoid and the recirculation line, and no change.

I pulled off the BOV to inspect and it was pretty grimy so I took it apart, put some lube on the interior shaft, and rebuilt. When blowing into it from the vacuum port it held pressure so the diaphragm seemed to be working correctly. I reinstalled and reattached everything, still fluttering.

I figured screw it, it was grimy so maybe it just was just having trouble opening so I bought a new SSQV BOV and installed it tonight, still fluttering.

All hose clamps are tight, no apparent cracking in vacuum lines, FMIC connections, or piping so I don't think I have a boost leak.

I just want my PSSSSH back...

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also if it helps I've tried giving boost with the BOV not connected to any of the vacuum lines, and again with the vacuum port blocked, and it flutters the same.

·
weekend racer
7,820 Posts
I have this same code, BOV is not properly opening... I haven't had time to diagnose the solenoid. if you've already replaced the BOV and checked the lines, that would be next step.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just as an intermediate update I've bought a SXTH Element MAC BOV Solenoid (MAC BOV Solenoid Upgrade) to replace the one that is there now.

After looking at it a bit more it looks like they buy something very similar to (https://www.amazon.com/Aramox-Solen...t=&hvlocphy=9002208&hvtargid=pla-805254369016) and then throw on the right connection to fit the veloster but I didn't want to deal with the headache - hopefully SXTHs is just plug and play.

I should get it in Monday so I'll update once it's installed.

·
weekend racer
7,820 Posts
the sxth one is. kdmtuners is a little cheaper and in stock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I had to work a bit late today and had to bring my work truck home so I'm not able to install it tonight but I took some pictures of the solenoid just for reference. Once I install it I'll make sure to take pictures of it and the process. There doesn't seem to be a great way to hang it so I'll have to come up with something.

Also I picked up 6' of new 4mm vacuum hose for the fresh install just to be sure.

·
weekend racer
7,820 Posts
Mine is on the way from kdmtuners I was going to zip tie it to the bracket lol

Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First things first - it worked!

I swapped the old solenoid with the new and replaced the vacuum lines and the old PSSHH is back. It seems to get dark in the blink of an eye so I had to break out a flashlight but overall it wasn't difficult and didn't take long.

Thoughts: buy 6mm hose rather than 4mm, use vice grips to hold the tabs to pull the old solenoid from the bracket, figure out a better way to secure the replacement solenoid, and SXTH element includes a lot of extra wire off of the new solenoid so bring zip ties.

I cleared the code so we'll see if it returns but I'm hopeful it won't since it sounds back to normal. Thanks for the advice!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts