Veloster Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to share for anyone else trying to make their Veloster a little more dirt-friendly.

I just went on a light overland camping trip in my 2016 MT VT to test out my new tires and wheel setup. I am running General Grabber 215/70/R16 tires and Sparco Terra 16x7 wheels. These tires are 27.9" in diameter with a cross section of 8.7". For those who havent seen my other posts, I had to cut the front fenders and relocate some things to make the tires fit in the front, however these wheels and tires fit with no real issues without modification on the rear end.

TLDR: for those who were wondering -16"wheels fit great, they are 45mm offset. Also the VT handles downhill offroading like a champ, uphill gets dicey when you have a lot of gear in the back.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Car Tire Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I definitely have to know my limits with no LSD or AWD, but considering that this was marketed as an economy hot hatchback, and I can now climb relatively steep gravel grades and dig out of some river banks, i'd say its an absolute win lol

Reactions: RPW00Mirage

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey boss! I absolutely love your VT! Was wondering what you did to lift it, and how much of a lift you gave it along with what tires you went with. I'm pretty new to cars in general, the Veloster I bought is the first car I've done any work on. I'm pretty much full bolt on at this point, and want to do a rally build for sure.

Thanks in advance!
Hey! Glad to hear you like it. So I think all in all im up about 3 inches in ground clearance between the wheels and the lift kit. In order to go any higher I have to get custom axels made for the front otherwise they will buckle and snap when I turn. Though I will warn you if you plan to fit larger tires on, it took some work up front. On the front end, to fit 28" all terrains i had to take out my wheel well liner, cut the fenders, remove my air intake resonator, and remove my windshield wiper fluid reservoir. If you lift it, I would recommend that you stick within the factory wheel diameter specifications if you don't want to go all In and cuttup your car. I only did that because I frequently got stuck driving it around stock when camping. Dm me I'd you have an specific questions you want answered! And welcome to the VT group!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info boss! Yea I will probably shy away from cutting out the liner and fenders. How did you go about lifting yours, where did you get your springs from?
The lift is just bushings that go in on top of the springs on the front and back, super easy. I got them from a company called Rising Tuning. Just Google RisingTuning.com and you can put in your car year and model, the product will pop up. I've been using it for years, done plenty of cross country road trips, and I daily this VT, no problems at all! I took the kit to the hyundai dealer and had them put it on.

Reactions: Christhemist

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn man I’ll have to look into those for sure! Thanks for all the guidance! Are you on Instagram?
Yessir, but my profile do
Damn man I’ll have to look into those for sure! Thanks for all the guidance! Are you on Instagram?
Yessir, but it's just like a normal account, it's not about my car. Most my car stuff goes here

1 - 5 of 5 Posts