Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Veloster Turbo with resonator and muffler delete
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I went on a 4 hour cruise with a group, all of a sudden my dial shoots up to overheating and the temp warning light turns on. The A/c goes hot as well. I pull over and lift up the hood and the coolant before was a little below full and after overheating, it shot up past full and was bubbling. So I let my car cool down and after about 15 minutes I turned it back on and the coolant went back down to the normal level it was at before. I let the heat run for a bit as well. Its now 3 days later and it hasn't had that issue nor has it overheated again. Should I pressure test it? replace the thermostat? do a coolant flush? Has anyone else had this issue? I have a 2013 VT with 97K miles. Only Mod I have is a res delete and glasspack muffler. Very lost on what I should do next :(

·
Registered
552 Posts
I would post this in the velosterturbo.org forum.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I would also list mods in the post as well if any

·
weekend racer
7,392 Posts
100k is due to for coolant. i think 90k actually.

if you do it yourself, it's not bad... the radiator drains through the lower support but will make a little bit of a mess.

·
Registered
2013 Veloster Turbo with resonator and muffler delete
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

if you do it yourself, it's not bad... the radiator drains through the lower support but will make a little bit of a mess.
Like due for a coolant flush? I haven't done one since I got the car but did recently fill it about 3 months ago

·
weekend racer
7,392 Posts
yeah.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
41 Posts
You can also buy coolant testers, those are pretty neat and will tell you if your coolant is due. I'm pretty sure it's another issue though. I'm thinking one of your fans may have stopped working. Maybe a sensor controlling the fans. I wouldn't wait to get the car checked out. Bring it to a trusted mechanic.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I would post this in the velosterturbo.org forum.
Why? What's wrong with THIS forum? Veloster.org not good enough for you? Seriously, why would you send him somewhere else?

I would also list mods in the post as well if any
Did you even read his post?
I have a 2013 VT with 97K miles. Only Mod I have is a res delete and glasspack muffler. Very lost on what I should do next :(

Welcome turbovhyundai13. I would agree with RPW00Mirage. If you have nearly 100k miles and still on the original coolant, I'd change that first. Even if it wasn't the problem. It's still way old.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Why? What's wrong with THIS forum? Veloster.org not good enough for you? Seriously, why would you send him somewhere else?

Did you even read his post?

Welcome turbovhyundai13. I would agree with RPW00Mirage. If you have nearly 100k miles and still on the original coolant, I'd change that first. Even if it wasn't the problem. It's still way old.
WHY NOT???

Yes, I did read & simply stated to note that information in the vt.org forum. He has a Veloster Turbo & could use another source of information, hence a forum for his car specifically.

You have a problem with me sharing information with forum members?

Reactions: RPW00Mirage

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
41 Posts
I spent a few days on the Veloster Turbo forum, posted my issue and did not get a single reply in 5 days. I find this forum much more helpful. I don't think OP having the turbo version has anything to do with his issue honestly.

He obviously has an intermittent problem which is most likely related to a faulty sensor or fan.

If it was an internal problem it would do it all the time. A cracked radiator or hose would create leaks and he would have to top it off regularly.

OP monitor the coolant level, temperature gauge. Check exhaust fumes as well. White means you may have a leak somewhere.

·
Registered
552 Posts
He got some informative responses on the other forum, nothing wrong with double dipping. Sheesh

Reactions: RPW00Mirage

·
Registered
16 VT
586 Posts
4 hour cruise, what speed? Usually overheating is at idle, but, Ive had an issue on another car only at highway speed; new radiator fixed it.

·
weekend racer
7,392 Posts
I’m on both forums. Trying to spread the wealth myself!

Reactions: TooGqForYou

·
Registered
552 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
WHY NOT???

He has a Veloster Turbo & could use another source of information, hence a forum for his car specifically.
Because that forum is almost dead with few replies. The OP is more likely to get a reply here.

You have a problem with me sharing information with forum members?
I have no problem with you sharing information ... if you actually gave him information instead of just telling the OP to go elsewhere.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Because that forum is almost dead with few replies. The OP is more likely to get a reply here.

I have no problem with you sharing information ... if you actually gave him information instead of just telling the OP to go elsewhere.
Wtf are you, the forum POLICE??? You haven't provided anything informative other than whining about where you think information lies and where it should stay oh & agreeing with rpw.

If you read anything, you'd realize he was surpised with another forum specifically for his car & now has 2 forms of input & information. Stop reaching guy... provide some help or resources like i did!

·
weekend racer
7,392 Posts
There are answers that can be Searched there that don’t appear here. Plus lots of tune info and theory.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Wtf are you, the forum POLICE??? You haven't provided anything informative other than whining about where you think information lies and where it should stay oh & agreeing with rpw.

If you read anything, you'd realize he was surpised with another forum specifically for his car & now has 2 forms of input & information. Stop reaching guy... provide some help or resources like i did!
You don't know what the F you're talking about. I provide a hell of a lot more info here than you do. Your idea if help is "go elsewhere".

1 - 20 of 60 Posts