Veloster Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo * Ironman Silver * Style & Tech Pkg * MBRP Catback
2 Posts
How much is 'a bit more expensive'? You can buy in bulk on Ebay for cheaper if needed or $6 at the dealership. Let's say you change your oil 4 times a year, if you save $3 per oil filter if you go non-OEM you save only $12 per year....is it worth it to not get the OEM one?

To answer your original question there was study done on the OEM filter and it actually came out to be a good filter. I will see if I can dig it up.
I feel exactly as you do on this subject. I got 6 oem filters on Amazon for like 30 bucks or something close. There's not much of a price difference and I think your car will benefit in the long run.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use the Mobil 1 m1-206a filter. It's a taller filter. I have never had any issues. Also ise Castro edge 5w20 advanced full synthetic oil and change every 4000 to 5000 mi.

·
weekend racer
7,816 Posts
I use the Mobil 1 m1-206a filter. It's a taller filter. I have never had any issues. Also ise Castro edge 5w20 advanced full synthetic oil and change every 4000 to 5000 mi.
Dont think 5w20 is recommended for turbo.
ding! Jaminr is running a NAV so the oil is much less important lol

·
Registered
16 VT
835 Posts
Oh, didnt even look at fog lights (his avatar), assumed black grill, but a little blurry, thats my excuse.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts