Veloster Forum banner

161 - 180 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
16 VT
1,166 Posts
5. Install the clutch cover bolts. Not to be bent or twisted, Tighten them in diagonal directions.

Tightening torque:
14.7 - 21.6 N.m (1.5 - 2.2 kgf.m, 10.8 - 15.9 lb-ft)

CAUTION:
- Loosely tighten every clutch cover bolts, then torque to specifications in a diagonal direction. This can prevent twisting, vibration of the cover, and the lifting of the pressure plate.
- Install the all the components with the specified torques. If not, the clutch torque transmission may have concerns or the mounting bolt can loosen.

*** I didnt do this on a Tiburon one time and same thing happened. Hope it works out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Assemble with a good torque wrench to specs. all the bolts inside trans.
Torqued pressure plate and bellhousing to engine bolts to spec. Now if the torque wrench was 100% calibrated or not, I’m not sure. I used a digital one. I put 23 ft. Lbs on the pressure plate bolts and some blue thread locker.

·
Registered
8 Posts
5. Install the clutch cover bolts. Not to be bent or twisted, Tighten them in diagonal directions.

Tightening torque:
14.7 - 21.6 N.m (1.5 - 2.2 kgf.m, 10.8 - 15.9 lb-ft)

CAUTION:
- Loosely tighten every clutch cover bolts, then torque to specifications in a diagonal direction. This can prevent twisting, vibration of the cover, and the lifting of the pressure plate.
- Install the all the components with the specified torques. If not, the clutch torque transmission may have concerns or the mounting bolt can loosen.

*** I didnt do this on a Tiburon one time and same thing happened. Hope it works out.
Damn. I found 23 ft lbs for the torque spec on that, maybe I looked at the wrong year. Think possibly loosening and retorque to correct spec might fix the problem?

·
Registered
16 VT
1,166 Posts
Yeah, OEM parts are probably the best at this point. Make sure flywheel is good. Report back if you can either way. Welcome

·
Registered
8 Posts
Going to change the slave first. It’s not leaking, but I had a hell of a time trying to get it to bleed all the air out. (I’ve never gone through almost 2 gallons of fluid and still had air coming out.) & the part is inexpensive and easy to get to. If this doesn’t fix the problem, then unfortunately looks like I’m dropping the transmission again and reinstalling clutch set. First fwd transmission I’ve ever dealt with... good lord I hope it’s the last. Lol.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
759 Posts
How did you bleed the slave cylinder, gravity bleed or someone engaging the clutch while you worked the bleed screw?

Did you not replace the slave cylinder too?
As cheap as they are it should've been replaced.
Also there's a spring valve in the slave cylinder that can be removed for quicker clutch engagement. Recheck your slave cylinder and also make sure that spring valve isn't clogged. It's in the banjo bolt orifice and a small curved pin makes it easy to remove. Paper clip works good too.

Good luck. Hope it's something simple. ?

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,476 Posts
firstly... over-torquing the pressure plate bolts will not cause this problem. it can only cause the bolts to stretch a bit and at the worst, snap.

if you look on youtube, whiteboy's video... they replaced the flywheel as well to eliminate the dual mass flywheel but i'm also curious if you put the disc in properly. you're going to have to pull the trans to check things anyways... but i'd start here. the thicker part of the center should point toward the trans.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How did you bleed the slave cylinder, gravity bleed or someone engaging the clutch while you worked the bleed screw?

Did you not replace the slave cylinder too?
As cheap as they are it should've been replaced.
Also there's a spring valve in the slave cylinder that can be removed for quicker clutch engagement. Recheck your slave cylinder and also make sure that spring valve isn't clogged. It's in the banjo bolt orifice and a small curved pin makes it easy to remove. Paper clip works good too.

Good luck. Hope it's something simple. ?
Clutch was slipping so I only changed the clutch. But put the slave on today and cannot seem to get to bleed... using a hand vacuum pump.

·
Registered
8 Posts
firstly... over-torquing the pressure plate bolts will not cause this problem. it can only cause the bolts to stretch a bit and at the worst, snap.

if you look on youtube, whiteboy's video... they replaced the flywheel as well to eliminate the dual mass flywheel but i'm also curious if you put the disc in properly. you're going to have to pull the trans to check things anyways... but i'd start here. the thicker part of the center should point toward the trans.
I put the ‘male’ side towards the engine. The flywheel itself looked fine when I removed the clutch disc. Also didn’t

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put the ‘male’ side towards the engine. The flywheel itself looked fine when I removed the clutch disc. Also didn’t

but I didn’t quite have the funds to get the flywheel at the moment. If I end up dropping the trans again, I’m definitely gunna cough up the change and replace it.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,476 Posts
did you take any photos of the old disc?

let us know how it goes with the slave cylinder!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm sure someone can...

Don't mind my sarcasm.

We are going to need details if you want help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am trying to find a picture of the gear lever on the transmission of a Veloster 2012. I don't know what it's called because I have never found any info on it yet? it is connected to the shifting rods going into the car and then it goes into the transmission. It's held down with about 5 small bolts and I do not want to take it off until I know what's underneath. I was able to manually switch gears with this lever and I may have cured my problem? But I would really like to know what part it is and a good drawing of it.

Thanks,

·
Registered
176 Posts
I am trying to find a picture of the gear lever on the transmission of a Veloster 2012. I don't know what it's called because I have never found any info on it yet? it is connected to the shifting rods going into the car and then it goes into the transmission. It's held down with about 5 small bolts and I do not want to take it off until I know what's underneath. I was able to manually switch gears with this lever and I may have cured my problem? But I would really like to know what part it is and a good drawing of it.

Thanks,
I don't think you will get anyone who will have a photo of this. The transmission is considered by the dealership a non serviceable part. I don't recall seeing any on here wanting to remove it for any reason either.

I'm curious as to why you are looking to replace it ... Does yours stick slightly when passing from 1/2 horizontal space to 3/4/N ? I've always had that happen, and I've always wondered is it a defect or is it a mechanism that helps stay in the proper alignment when shifting from 1 to 2.

* EDIT * even though I didn't submit it yet lol...

Look at this https://www.hyundaipartsdeal.com/pa...ar_shift_control_manual.html?diagram=43437B11

It should have pretty much all the information you need. I'm still curious why you need this!

161 - 180 of 192 Posts