Veloster Forum banner
141 - 160 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I haven't noticed the lag really but I have noticed occasionally the lurch but usually I accelerate quick and not like James May.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I haven't noticed the lag really but I have noticed occasionally the lurch but usually I accelerate quick and not like James May.
Lmao hey now!
I just don't like looking like a yahoo flooring it off the line making a ruckus Mr. Clarkson ;)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Lmao hey now!
I just don't like looking like a yahoo flooring it off the line making a ruckus Mr. Clarkson ;)
But POWAR!!! Hahahaha. In all seriousness though ive noticed it off and on but is doesnt really bother me Too much so I just ignore it.

·
Registered
778 Posts
But POWAR!!! Hahahaha. In all seriousness though ive noticed it off and on but is doesnt really bother me Too much so I just ignore it.
Greatest show in history!!

I'm just scared that I am going to burn my clutch up quicker by trying different ways of avoiding it D:

Reactions: 13velosteraf

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
That's why I just ignore it. It only happens every so often.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Good point

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've had my manual transmission NAV for 9 months and I have wondered what the issue is with lag during shifting ??
I have not noticed anything like this at all, in fact this has to be the best shifting manual I've owned and I have never had an automatic transmission vehicle, I just turned 59 .
One thing I'm not comfortable with, is the fact that the brake and clutch systems use the same fluid reservoir .

·
Registered
620 Posts
***NOT LAG RELATED***
Has anyone noticed their clutch feeling sort of like brakes that are warped during a first gear launch? I don't feel it any other time, even when feathering a deceleration - but it definitely pulses a little on take off. can't quite pinpoint what the "Feel" is, but i don't like it, and it's getting slowly more evident.

·
Registered
1 Posts
good morning guys, im new here and I just had a question that hopefully someone can help with. my velo just started acting all weird on me. when shifting into second gear I lose power for a sec and also my rpms shoot up a little when shifting. anyone ever have this issue? car has 49k miles and its be well maintained.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would first take a look at your clutch pedal to see if the spring is in good tension. If that is in good shape their is a possibility your clutch might be slipping.

·
Vendor
156 Posts
Who finds the shifter throws to be too long? We are pretty well known for manufacturing simple to install shifter modifications; to shorten throws, and make the shifting experience much more engaging.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello!

I just bought a OEM Turbo shift assemby for my Non Turbo to use the boot and shift ball. I hate the original shifter feel. I was wondering if it would be possible to just install the entire new turbo shifter assembly. From what I read online the Turbo shifter is a B&M short throw shifter and should feel better for my non turbo. Can anyone confirm it will work?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello!

I just bought a OEM Turbo shift assemby for my Non Turbo to use the boot and shift ball. I hate the original shifter feel. I was wondering if it would be possible to just install the entire new turbo shifter assembly. From what I read online the Turbo shifter is a B&M short throw shifter and should feel better for my non turbo. Can anyone confirm it will work?
Actually its not the B&M shifter, that comes in the R-Spec, its just the stock Turbo shifter. Should I even worry about installing the complete assembly hoping the shifter is better or just install the boot and knob as I intended on doing?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've noticed this for as long as I can remember (hit 120k kms this week) on my 2014 NAV... Am I the only one that feels a kind of notch, or hang-up in the movement going from center of 1-2 gears and dead center between 3-4 gears? I thought at first it could have been either rust or something in the linkage on the transmission shaft channels (the place where the linkage meets the transmission selector shaft), but after removing the linkage and moving the shaft up and down by hand in the engine bay, the notch is inside the transmission. Maybe I could get some video of it, there is an audible tick when it releases from its notch.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
830 Posts
I've noticed this for as long as I can remember (hit 120k kms this week) on my 2014 NAV... Am I the only one that feels a kind of notch, or hang-up in the movement going from center of 1-2 gears and dead center between 3-4 gears? I thought at first it could have been either rust or something in the linkage on the transmission shaft channels (the place where the linkage meets the transmission selector shaft), but after removing the linkage and moving the shaft up and down by hand in the engine bay, the notch is inside the transmission. Maybe I could get some video of it, there is an audible tick when it releases from its notch.
When was the last time you changed your tranny fluid?
Have you thought about getting some shifter cable end bushings and replacing the shifter assembly bushings as well?

These items make a world of difference in the feel of how the tranny shifts and works.

Good luck.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Oil is from factory, but as I said, it has done this for as long as I can remember (as in, as long as I've had the car). As for the linkage and shift assembly, it has no impact on this noise, I disconnected the linkage from the transmission control shaft and moved the shaft by hand, and the "hang-up" is inside the transmission. For the rest of the feel of shifting, I have nothing to complain about!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone else have problems with clutch engaging after a clutch replacement on 2012 Veloster? Replaced clutch disc, pressure plate and throw out bearing. Bled the slave cylinder, and now the car will not engage with engine running. I’ve read so many contradicting things. Not sure where to restart here. When I opened the trans up, I had the Valeo bearing and Seco disc and pressure plate. Which I thought was odd. Replaced everything with the “Valeo” clutch set since the Seco bearing would not slide onto fork. I’m at wits end with this. Literally bled 2 gallons of fluid through the slave before no more bubbles. Does anyone think I still have air in the line? Bad slave? Or do I need to crack that trans back open and double check clutch set?

141 - 160 of 194 Posts