Veloster Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any recommendations for a decent, reasonably priced code reader that can actually get updated and registered after purchase? ive already tried an Ancel and a Launch reader and could not get either registered or updated right out of box so back in and returned they went. one connected to the website but site was unresponsive and other one kept giving error that it couldnt find the chip card that was already in the slot. tired of ordering, struggling to get nowehere and returning stuff. want a reader i can actually use! any suggestions appreciated greatly

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,544 Posts
i am using a veepeak obd2 bluetooth reader, it works fantastic. no chip/update required.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,544 Posts
the elm is OK but not a fast reader. i had an elm based one previously. could have also been a knockoff of a knockoff but it worked fine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the suggestions. found why the Launch reader wouldnt update after i sent it back! i was supposed to remove the tr card from the gadget and put it into my PC to get updated, then put it back into the reader and press onward to complete the setup. hey, im old and can be stupid sometimes. didnt think to check for info online first. i got the reader on sale and of course now its back to reg. price, so ill wait.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts