Veloster Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Shoot, I've gotten a compliment at the gas pump from a dude who pulled in with his Ferrari. I'd like to know if any of the redneck kids in their lifted diesels who call my car "ricer" ever got any compliments from a guy in a Ferrari. I bet not.
Word! This weekend I was at some kiddie party in like the richest town in Miami. The owner of the house had a Ferrari, 2 Porsches & something else that was under a car cover in his garage. He saw my car when I pulled up & asked what it was. I said a Hyundai. He asked a Genesis? I said nope & Veloster. He was like that a really sweet looking car. Had me with a smile from ear to ear :D

·
Registered
391 Posts
Shoot, I've gotten a compliment at the gas pump from a dude who pulled in with his Ferrari. I'd like to know if any of the redneck kids in their lifted diesels who call my car "ricer" ever got any compliments from a guy in a Ferrari. I bet not.
The guy in the Ferrari was secretly gay and just wanted to f*uck your brains out. HaHa

But in all seriousness, I can't even walk by the car without gazing at it.... it's the best car I have owned so far, and that says a lot... because I love cars in general. Also turned me from a Honda fanboy to Hyundai.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I still enjoy mine. i just wish the turbo was out when i bought mine. the extra power would have been nice. it was pretty cool having it the first month they came out though. i got sooooo many looks when i first purchased it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Still dig it tons. It's not as fast as the car I had before it, but it's got plenty of scoot and is super practical to boot. Also, it surprises me just how many positive comments I get on it to this day, especially since it's basically an Elantra with a serious attitude problem. :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
the blind spots are terrible,
I hear this complaint a lot about the V. There is one very bad blind spot, that's about 150-160 degrees backwards on the passenger side, I'll admit that. But I think that most of the complaints are from people who don't adjust their side-view mirrors correctly. People say use this method

But for adjustment, I don't lean my head over waaaay to the left or the right. I just adjust my mirrors so that when my head is in my normal driving position, and I turn my head and lean just a bit left (or right for the passenger side) I can barely see the side of my car. I find that I don't have any bad blind spots at all. Oh, and I shoulder check as well. I am also the type of driver that checks their mirrors once every 5-10 seconds so I am aware of all the cars around me.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I absolutely love my V.. but its not entirely what I originally wanted and the only reason I got the V is because I was supposed to originally have saved up for a Focus ST and sell my sister my Saturn SL2 I had. But before that could happen some tweaker chick decided to ram into their car they had totaling it when it was parked outside of their house... Because I couldn't save up enough for the down payment on the ST (didn't want a huge payment) I had to look for something else which is when I found my V :) I wish it was a turbo though... But hey I might be trading for one in a year or 2 after owning this one. Funny how everything plays out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I hear this complaint a lot about the V. There is one very bad blind spot, that's about 150-160 degrees backwards on the passenger side, I'll admit that. But I think that most of the complaints are from people who don't adjust their side-view mirrors correctly. People say use this method

But for adjustment, I don't lean my head over waaaay to the left or the right. I just adjust my mirrors so that when my head is in my normal driving position, and I turn my head and lean just a bit left (or right for the passenger side) I can barely see the side of my car. I find that I don't have any bad blind spots at all. Oh, and I shoulder check as well. I am also the type of driver that checks their mirrors once every 5-10 seconds so I am aware of all the cars around me.
I bought a set of these beauties and I have no blind spots and I can see better than anyone.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
... Oh, and I shoulder check as well. I am also the type of driver that checks their mirrors once every 5-10 seconds so I am aware of all the cars around me.
This is called proper driving anyway. If anyone had drivers ed, during the recycled crappy movie years then this was part of the curriculum.

·
Registered
493 Posts
After two years and 20K miles later, I traded in my 2013 style/tech NAV for a 2015 VT. The Veloster suites my needs perfectly as a fun sporty commuter capable of comfortably & stylishly transporting my family. My wife and two young teenagers love it, and I truly love the way Hyundai designed it both esthetically and mechanically.

I don't know if it's due to improvements having been implemented since 2013, but this VT feels like a completely different car. Aside from the obvious performance boost, it just feels overall much more refined. The cabin is quieter and the suspension is more forgiving. Road imperfections that previously were jarring and would upset the chassis in the NAV, this one absorbs them more gracefully and confidently.

I'm so happy to have traded up, this feels like my old friend only better :)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts