Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car because I was getting a supercharger put into my G37 and it was gone for a few months. My spare car, a 2002 Elantra, was getting kid of long in tooth. Kids drive it to school 90 miles away. Anyway, that's why I got the turbo V. Now that I have my G back, it's really fast with over 500HP, but I truly enjoy the little turbo more. It handles so well. It fits like I'm in a cocoon. It has enough options and is really functional. It's is pretty funky-looking in a good way. Never had a car that was just such a joy to drive. I think the G is gonna sit in the garage a lot until Winter because it's AWD. A car doesn't need to be expensive or have a ton of HP to be a fun driver. What do you guys think? Is it still fun? Are you happy with your purchase? Only mods I've done are rebadging, Hella Horns, and will put in HIDs this Summer. That's it.

·
Super Moderator
4,323 Posts
I have had mine since Oct 2012, drive it every day, still enjoy it.

My Vette just sits in the garage. Hasn't been out in 6 months

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's funny cause I plan on trading my veloster in for a g37. I love the veloster, but it lacks some serious power in my opinion.
If I know knew then what I do now, I would have left it alone and sold it! The G is classier, I guess, than the V. Because it's Infiniti and not Hyundai. The NAV is way too underpowered and I wouldn't have bought it, but the turbo is pretty quick, IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,323 Posts
That's funny cause I plan on trading my veloster in for a g37. I love the veloster, but it lacks some serious power in my opinion.
Maybe you just didn't buy the right kind of Veloster

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I got into mine knowing it wasn't fast. If I had wanted fast I would have fought harder to get a focus st. I love this car every time I drive it.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Over 3 years now with my V, i picked my user name for this forum based on how i felt behind the wheel, it hasn't changed to this day, there wasn't a turbo when i purchased but im happy with my 6 speed anyways, its plenty snappy for around town, i've owned truly slow vehicles like a totally gutless 3 cylinder firefly (1 L with 55 horse) and a totally gutless chevette (1.6 L with 65 horse), shows you how far engine tech has come... I've also had a 350 camaro, i just don't need to be the fastest guy driving from light to light any longer or gas pump to gas pump.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
I bought mine in October, 2011. An aggressive driver, I have always bought low horse cars -- because I'm a fool when I drive a car with power. That said, the Veloster has been just what I wanted and needed, plus it has looks that no other car on the street has. I'm keeping mine and doing pretty good to keep it looking brand new! I've loved all my other cars (starting with a 1964 Ford Fairlane) but this one is the best!

·
Registered
134 Posts
The random comments from random people are what makes half the fun of driving the veloster. Gazing at it and driving it makes up for the other half.

·
weekend racer
6,574 Posts
26k lots of little scratches 2 morons backed into it.

Still new to me :) still a head turner. Still upsetting faster more expensive cars on the track.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I still love my VT. People still ask me about it at random. I began to love it even more when I got stage 0+ plus from Tork to "wake" up the car. I fell head over heels for it when I started to get the strange looks of "how the crap are you keeping up or in front of me right now" from people who don't expect it to have that much.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Still lovin' my VT. Like some of the posts above say, it's still a head turner. It's not a fast car, but it's a "fast enough for me" car. Sure the handling isn't the greatest either, but I don't bring her onto the track. But in the right hands and with the right parts, she can be turned into a quick car (there is a difference between fast and quick). For what I paid for, it's one hell of a car.

I got two recent head turner stories (I have many). Just last Sunday, was getting gas, and as I was pulling away some guy in a new Mercedes SLK was pulling in and I could totally see that his head was following my car as I was pulling out of the gas station.

Also, I had the garage door open on Saturday and one of my neighbour's kids and his friend were walking by and the friend looked at my car and said "Woaaaahh.. sick car man". The neighbour's kid already made similar comments when he saw my car 2 years ago.

·
Registered
8,617 Posts
Shoot, I've gotten a compliment at the gas pump from a dude who pulled in with his Ferrari. I'd like to know if any of the redneck kids in their lifted diesels who call my car "ricer" ever got any compliments from a guy in a Ferrari. I bet not.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I enjoy my NAV, but i am constantly wishing it had more power. I know the Turbo is an option but honestly if i get another car i dont think it will be another veloster. Its been a great car. Fun to drive, but no one ever want to ride in it, My wife flatout refuses to drive it, the blind spots are terrible, and functionality, while not bad is just not what i need from my vehicle. I bought the thing to get good gas mileage, but the company i work for pays for my fuel so i may as well be driving an F250 like everyone else here.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts