Veloster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

Wanted to ask if a transmission from a non-turbo model will be compatible for a turbo model. If anybody can help a fellow out and help me try to find a replacement tranny for my car PLEASE(Mine went out at 140k/its my commute car).I found a transmission from a 2017 Veloster but not turbo, and I'm thinking of buying it and put it in but don't want to waste the time and money (picking it up/put it on/taking it off/returning it). I just wanted to ask around and see if it would be compatible so I can swap it this weekend at my dad's house.
2016 Veloster Turbo Automatic. Hope to hear from you guys ASAP!

·
Super Moderator
4,356 Posts
Be nice to know if it was a manual or a DCT, but either way I think the gearing ratio is different

·
weekend racer
6,734 Posts
if it's a manual the transmission will be the same. i'm 75% sure :)

however are YOU sure it's the trans, and not something like the slave cylinder or dual mass flywheel? if you can give more info or if you already have it at a shop somewhere apart let us know.

·
weekend racer
6,734 Posts
you will need a transmission from another 2016 and up turbo auto... i do believe it has the DCT.

·
weekend racer
6,734 Posts
well that was year #1 with the stronger DCT in the turbo hyundai... so really your only are 2016 and up turbo auto.

·
weekend racer
6,734 Posts
and i'm saying no you most likely cannot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello All,

Wanted to ask if a transmission from a non-turbo model will be compatible for a turbo model. If anybody can help a fellow out and help me try to find a replacement tranny for my car PLEASE(Mine went out at 140k/its my commute car).I found a transmission from a 2017 Veloster but not turbo, and I'm thinking of buying it and put it in but don't want to waste the time and money (picking it up/put it on/taking it off/returning it). I just wanted to ask around and see if it would be compatible so I can swap it this weekend at my dad's house.
2016 Veloster Turbo Automatic. Hope to hear from you guys ASAP!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts