Veloster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
2013 Veloster Turbo 6MT
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i just recently bought a 2013 Veloster Turbo with the 6 speed manual transmission. It is an imported car from the USA, and it's modded, it have a big intercooler, a catch can, intake, and suposedly the turbo is modded (I was told that by the dealer), the touch screen doesn't work even after resetting it for 30 seconds. Does anyone in this forum recognize this car? It would be crazy if the past owner had posted something in here. and, is there any other fix for the touch screen other than pressing the reset button por 30 seconds?

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-01 at 2.28.57 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-05-01 at 2.28.57 PM.jpeg

Registered
2013 Veloster Turbo 6MT
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was it yours? What happened when the hurricane hit?

Registered
Yeah. I drove that car in Louisiana, New Orleans to be exact, parked it, then hurricane Katrina hit and well, I got rid of it. 馃榿

Welcome!
馃槅
Hi, i just recently bought a 2013 Veloster Turbo with the 6 speed manual transmission. It is an imported car from the USA, and it's modded, it have a big intercooler, a catch can, intake, and suposedly the turbo is modded (I was told that by the dealer), the touch screen doesn't work even after resetting it for 30 seconds. Does anyone in this forum recognize this car? It would be crazy if the past owner had posted something in here. and, is there any other fix for the touch screen other than pressing the reset button por 30 seconds?
View attachment 134237
View attachment 134239 View attachment 134240 View attachment 134240 View attachment 134240
Honestly if you really want to find out the previous owner tried looking up the title in the VIN number. Besides that your car looks like 1 in a 100,000 Orange veloster's in the United States.

Registered
2013 Veloster Turbo 6MT
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i tried to get some information trough the carfax, but it only says one owner, doesn't let me view the title. i was thinking that maybe somebody could indentify the car by the mods or something lol

Registered
View attachment 134237
View attachment 134239 View attachment 134240 View attachment 134240 View attachment 134240
I have noticed with my screen that If it is hot inside the car it will take a while for the screen to respond to touch so that could be it If its hot give it a bit and try again.

Registered
I have noticed with my screen that If it is hot inside the car it will take a while for the screen to respond to touch so that could be it If its hot give it a bit and try again.
Yeah that actually happens to mine too if I don't have a sun visor on my car covered the touch screen doesn't work but as soon as it cools down it ends up working fine. Usually putting a sun visor in the front window and tint will help with that problem a little bit better.

Registered
2013 Veloster Turbo 6MT
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine doesn't work at any moment, doesn't matter if it's cold, hot or warm. I pressed the reset button for 30 seconds and nothing, left the car without battery overnight and nothing. Maybe my screen is bad?

weekend racer
2014 VT manual
does it power up but no touch? do you get any sounds?

steering wheel controls and whatnot should work fine if the screen is unresponsive. but you will lose a few options.

Reactions: Jacob Elizardo

weekend racer
2014 VT manual
screen is bad... just buy either a whole unit with a matching face or theres replacement screens but i'm not sure of the quality of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts