Veloster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys Just picked it up today (FS4) . Very new to the whole turbo car scene any suggestions on what to add mod etc on the Australian variant

Attachments

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Welcome to the forum! All the white owners will be thrilled!

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Welcome Tlost, we also got some refugees from OZ here. Check the build threads and signatures for tips and ideas.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Tlost, what are your aims and what is your budget? Most items will have to be sourced from OS. But some good local suppliers are: Whiteline or Super Pro (Sway bars), BC Racing Australia (coil overs), Exhaust Technology in SA (Magnaflow and maybe Jun), XForce exhausts. One or two US suppliers I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. My suggestion to you is do it once and do it right.

If you are on Flog Book you might join the Veloster Australia page. On there you will come across SoCal Garage Works as well as their Aussie distributor. Might be worth your while sourcing directly from SoCal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my main aim is for a good solid, stick to the road ride so I would say suspensions first then exhaust , tune etc, my first question is Pierce Motorsports rear torsion bar and strut bar , worth it for Australian tuned suspension?? As for my budget well as long as I am getting value for money or is that performance for money then all good, not silly amounts just value [h=1][/h]

·
Registered
928 Posts
Any product from Pierce Motorsport is a damn good product. If you are going to purchase from him or from any place in the US, suggest that you set up an account with shipito.com. As an example, FedEx wanted $US800 to ship my front brakes. Shipito charged me $US 300 for front and rear.

So in no particular order:
Strut top brace from Pierce Motorsport;
Adjustable front sway bar - Whiteline, Roll Control / Super Pro (both local) or you can buy from Pierce Motorsports;
Rear sway/torsion bar - Whiteline, Roll Control / Super Pro (adjustable) or again Pierce;
Springs/ shocks - You can source a set of lowering springs (Eibach / Kings) and some Koni Yellows locally or from Pierce Motorsports. Please don't buy lowering springs only, your ride will be choppy and you will eventually blow your OEM struts. I believe So Cal Garage Works also supplies Mobis shocks/struts that are suitable for lowering springs. They also carry the full range of Pierce Motorsports products.
Coil overs - based on the cost of springs and struts might be cheaper to source coil overs. Suggest BC Racing Australia or K-Sport Australia ( good luck with KSA) - definitely sourcing from Aus will be cheaper. Or again try Pierce or Socal
Rigid collars - even though I have them on mine, not totally convinced. Try Tork Motorsports

If you do go with coil overs be aware that products such as HSD limit the type of rear sway bar to Super Pro and JC craft. BC & KSport allow you to use any rear bar.

As soon as you can, replace the crappy Hankook 215 with a decent set of 225s

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks heaps for the information, what was your experience with the rear sway bar, did it make much of a difference

·
Registered
118 Posts
Coilovers are pretty much the best option. You can get lowering springs for around 200, but eventually you're gonna have to replace the stock struts/shocks. Which in the long run are going to cost you as much as a set of adjustable coilovers, except aftermarket springs and struts aren't really adjustable.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've learned this from experience. I went the cheap route and just bought springs. After a few months I started worrying about my struts, and I ended up wanting to go lower.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the info another question dose anyone know where or if I can get an ecu tune

·
Registered
928 Posts
Don't know where you can get a tune via OBDII. There is a Eurocharged dealer in SA, Car Toys, 285-289 Port Road, Hindmarsh SA 5007. Not sure if this is a bench flash or OBDII flash

1 - 15 of 15 Posts