Veloster Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!!
I'm getting my entire engine rebuilt and turbo replaced can I get some does and don'ts and what to expect? Is there going to be a power increase because of newer parts? How long should I drive normally before I can start having some fun again? Any info is helpful.

In case you guys were curious it is an estimated $3500 fix... ouch. My oil pump went to crap which caused my oil pressure to f*** up. Then this caused my crank to mess up causing piston 4 to be thrown out of place. This made an unbearable clicking noise during acceleration. I don't know what the thing that spins in the turbo is called but the mechanic showed me and it was jostling back and forth as well as spinning. I was at 133,000 miles so it was definitely time. I have a 91-octane tune in another ECU. When is it acceptable for the car to switch it back so I can go back to being a menace to society? Haha XD

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,248 Posts
Few hundred miles and 2 quick oil changes if it’s a fresh motor, if it’s a rebuild just get the oil changed and swap the ecu.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,248 Posts
No special break-in period is needed. By following a few simple precautions for the first 600 miles (1,000 km) you may add to the performance, economy and life of your vehicle.
Do not race the engine.
While driving, keep your engine speed (rpm, or revolutions per minute) between 2,000 rpm and 4,000 rpm.
Do not maintain a single speed for long periods of time, either fast or slow. Varying engine speed is needed to properly break-in the engine.
Do not let the engine idle longer than 3 minutes at one time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No special break-in period is needed. By following a few simple precautions for the first 600 miles (1,000 km) you may add to the performance, economy, and life of your vehicle.
Do not race the engine.
While driving, keep your engine speed (rpm, or revolutions per minute) between 2,000 rpm and 4,000 rpm.
Do not maintain a single speed for long periods of time, either fast or slow. Varying engine speed is needed to properly break-in the engine.
Do not let the engine idle longer than 3 minutes at one time.
Thank you so much! I will keep this in mind. I think I might swap the ECU after the 600 miles and oil change. I already know I am going to be tempted to rev it. (only because it has nice POP! POP! POP!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts