Veloster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a K&N cold air intake. Amazon claims to be 2013 to 2016, received one marked 2012 to 2014. It fit, but just dumb that they would have two different labeled intakes. This intake is not as "cold air" as I thought it would he. Its more like just a bit longer of a short ram. Some aem and other brands seem to hang deeper in the intake well area. This K and N doesnt. I also have an issue where after revving down there is a single "click". Not sure why. Will investigate soon.

·
Registered
16 VT
474 Posts
Check part numbers. Check heat shield. Dont think they advertise as cold air; got great deal on Amazon - injen.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So i put a short K&N intake on my 2012 veloster way back when i got it. Because its open and not inside a box you hear more of the whistle and even the click of the butterfly valve as well a a bit of roar at WOT. Now keep in mind they say "Cold Air" intake because im guessing they expect your getring a hood with a scoop to direct air straight to the intake. But if you dont and its just in the compartment its hot air intake because of the engine heat.

Another problem can arise if you direct it low and you drive through a downpour or low water crossing and suck water into your intake. Not good.

Just installed a K&N cold air intake. Amazon claims to be 2013 to 2016, received one marked 2012 to 2014. It fit, but just dumb that they would have two different labeled intakes. This intake is not as "cold air" as I thought it would he. Its more like just a bit longer of a short ram. Some aem and other brands seem to hang deeper in the intake well area. This K and N doesnt. I also have an issue where after revving down there is a single "click". Not sure why. Will investigate soon.

·
weekend racer
7,221 Posts
the K&N typhoon for NAV is a short ram and fits 2012-2018 1g models. turbo is a short ram and fits 2013-2018 1g models. on the turbo it's been proven leaving the cover off the box nets slightly more power.

if you're driving through water deep enough to get sucked into the engine with a short ram, you probably shouldn't be driving in that area in the first place, lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts