Veloster Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Base
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I've had my 2016 Velo Base for about a year now. And I have to say I love my car! However, it is currently at the dealership about to get a new engine. Luckily mine is included on recall #198.

Currently the only thing I've done to it is install new hatch struts. But plan on doing many more soon. (Mostly cosmetic) I've got a used pair of headlights that I'm going to retrofit projectors and new LEDs in. Also plan on getting some sort of skirts for him as well.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,285 Posts
welcome to the club!

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
The yellow was my first love back in 2011 but it was so hard to find and I ended up with silver -- no regrets -- they're all good!

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Base
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The yellow was my first love back in 2011 but it was so hard to find and I ended up with silver -- no regrets -- they're all good!
That's honestly the reason I bought it. I was looking at Velos for a while anyway, but then I saw this beautiful yellow one and had to have it.

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Base
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@Dancingtenor1988 How did you go about getting the recall sorted? I keep seeing no remedy yet and my VIN is on the list for #198.
Well, it technically still isn't sorted yet. But it's at the dealership, the paperwork has been submitted, and Hyundai has a case manager looking over it. I still have an estimated 5 business days before they will probably make a decision on whether they will cover it with the recall. My car was sounding pretty bad, which is why I took it in, in the first place. I have gone in between the dealership and Hyundai Customer Care through all of this. It's been a pain, but things are getting done (hopefully).

·
Registered
'16 Vitamin-C NAV Tech
76 Posts
Well, it technically still isn't sorted yet. But it's at the dealership, the paperwork has been submitted, and Hyundai has a case manager looking over it. I still have an estimated 5 business days before they will probably make a decision on whether they will cover it with the recall. My car was sounding pretty bad, which is why I took it in, in the first place. I have gone in between the dealership and Hyundai Customer Care through all of this. It's been a pain, but things are getting done (hopefully).
I wonder what the severity of the recall is though because it's been a few months since it was announced and there's still no remedy which is quite scary based on the description of the recall.

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Base
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wonder what the severity of the recall is though because it's been a few months since it was announced and there's still no remedy which is quite scary based on the description of the recall.
I mean, I'm pretty sure cars motors are throwing rod bearings and seizing up. In the extreme cases, it is throwing rods through the walls of the motor causing oil leaks and fires. But in most cases the engine seizes.

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Base
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to the forums! I like that color
Thanks! I like it too! The yellow is actually the reason I ended up getting my Velo in the first place.

Also, an update:
My car got approved to be 100% covered for the recall!!! I'm on the way to having my car back!!! So excited!

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Base
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, another update:
Just got off the phone with Hyundai Corporate. Apparently the recall (#198) deals only with the inspection of the engine and replacement if it is proven that it is exactly what the recall is affecting... but apparently Hyundai extended my warranty to get my engine fixed. Seriously guys, I think I'll be sticking with Hyundai for a good long while. They were super helpful.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts