Veloster Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Car is not starting at all, 0 electrical power so I think I need to replace the negative battery cable finally.

Looking online it seems to be one unit with the sensor. Is the sensor necessary or can I buy a simple generic replacement without it? Seems there's another cable plugged into it as well.

Also, the bolt on the current cable doesn't seem to unscrew all the way out for me to put in another ground cable. I'll try it again in the morning but let me know if you have other ideas!
Hood Car Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
16 VT
1,241 Posts
I would order another cable assembly from Hyundai or approved website.

The bolt should come out, but sounds like if may need to be tapped if threads came out with it. WD-40 might help.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,831 Posts
agreed, i would replace it with an oem cable.

pb blaster is better recommended :) i have broken a 10mm up on the tower but not a 12, yet lol.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oem cable with the sensor is pretty expensive, this is what I ended up doing. Little long at 24" but that was the shortest I found in stock. Car started right up after.

Will have to find my electrical tape to tape up the end of the old wire.

Daylight helped a lot compared to trying to do it last night in the dark!
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,831 Posts
That works too !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oem cable with the sensor is pretty expensive, this is what I ended up doing. Little long at 24" but that was the shortest I found in stock. Car started right up after.

Will have to find my electrical tape to tape up the end of the old wire.

Daylight helped a lot compared to trying to do it last night in the dark! View attachment 134857
I did the EXACT same thing...

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,831 Posts
make sure you vacuum up all those metal wires!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Taping the end of that cable is not necessary since it is the negative terminal, the earth ground, and no short circuit is possible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts