Veloster Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem I just go a veloster 2012 two almost three weeks ago the seller didn’t tell me that they put a chip on it to push more fuel through the engine and the check engine light came on went and got it looked at and came back with the error code P2192 and I still don’t know what to do now the car won’t even go above 80 or even 75 after almost a week of driving it

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,683 Posts
a chipped 2012? lol

most likely some sort of plug in, check the obd port, battery area, ecu area... take pics and post them for us.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I concur, most likely an Amazon/ebay special. Check the OBD2 port for a add on module. Also, check the air intake module for anything out of place.

Back in the 2005 era a ton of these cheap things were put onto cars and they just trick the mass airflow sensor. Often a tiny soldered in diode.

If you can find it, take a pic and look it up. See how its put in place and what was cut out. You may have to buy a part to replace it with an OEM part.

Sometimes if they spent more money, it may be attached to the ECU or the cars computer under the dash. Might look lile a cheap plastic box with a bunch of wires and connectors that don't match the rest of the cars wires. Basically, something out of place.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turns out I don’t there was an chip just a lot of wires but the engine did go out under 58k miles got new battery new starter still not starting it cut off on me one morning 20-30 minutes after warming it up drove the car not even a mile down the road and it cut off check the oil it was low but not dry bone just needed more got more oil still didn’t start engine didn’t throw a rod over heat or run out of oil just cut off suppose to be a new engine there was problems with the way it was breathing something was causing the 1st Cadillac converter near the engine to go bad also the o2 sensors were going bad never found the problem but I do think the reason it won’t start is because it’s and electronic problem also haven’t replaced the alternator

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turns out I don’t there was an chip just a lot of wires but the engine did go out under 58k miles got new battery new starter still not starting it cut off on me one morning 20-30 minutes after warming it up drove the car not even a mile down the road and it cut off check the oil it was low but not dry bone just needed more got more oil still didn’t start engine didn’t throw a rod over heat or run out of oil just cut off suppose to be a new engine there was problems with the way it was breathing something was causing the 1st Cadillac converter near the engine to go bad also the o2 sensors were going bad never found the problem but I do think the reason it won’t start is because it’s and electronic problem also haven’t replaced the alternator
Any advice would be grateful

1 - 7 of 7 Posts