Veloster Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Veloster rally edition manual
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I need your help, I come to you guys all the time and you answer all my questions before even having to ask, I can’t appreciate that enough.
So straight to it….I have bought a bunch of aftermarket parts for my 2016 vt rally edition. Here are the aftermarket parts I bought.
- aem intake
-forge Bov
-peirburg waste gate solenoid valve
-60mm throttle body with coolant spacer and cold pipe
- msd ignition coils
-n75 oil catch can
And a ton of oem parts for $350 CAD which is a steal and a half imo.

Now I need help with understanding these parts, which is safe, do I need a tune after install, pros and cons after install, etc? also I was thinking on selling the Forge BOV as I have an extra oem bpv valve and already have the diy mod for the sound. Correct me otherwise if you think the forge BOV is a safer option.

my car is stock the only thing that is done is the diy bpv mod.

thanks guys,
Cheers🍻

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,544 Posts
everything is fine i would sell the extra oem bov and msd coils.

what is your mileage and do you know of the maintenance history?

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Veloster rally edition manual
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you’re saying I should put on the forge bov instead of the oem. Is there a big difference compared to the oem bov? I’m only asking because yes I’m technically upgrading a few things but I do think Ill be adding any extra boost? Also car Mileage is 157xxxkm and maintenance is well maintained no issues. Also wouldn’t the msd coils help aswell, if not how so?

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,544 Posts
the difference is the oem bov is crap and will eventually tear or stop holding pressure. yours may have already been replaced at some point. may as well replace and forget :)

if you aren't doing big power build the coils are a waste of money and are still a little bit of an unknown. always replace bad coils with good sourced OEM coils for piece of mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts