Veloster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So recently my clutch went out in my 2013 non turbo so I purchased a clutch online and hired a mechanic off craigslist I thought was good,but I forgot to buy the fly wheel (The "mechanic" told me that he would just shave my fly wheel down but said it was not too bad)which I really wish I would have bought because now I have a problem.So I noticed there was a little shake when I would leave my car in neutral but I ignored it for about a week. Now my car starts fine but will completely shut off in neutral after I drive it for about 5 min and will start again but this time it starts with a really heavy shake and it starts like I have no gas almost like it dose not want too also my RPM will completely die . My check engine light will go on and off so I took it to auto zone and was diagnosed with P0326 Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Range/Performance (Bank 1) and P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor Circuit A. Now should I buy all 3 parts for my car or is it only doing that because of the flywheel and is my car safe too drive until I get the pieces Thank You I Feel so bad for my veloster and am very grateful for this website !

Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 馃か
If the items mentioned are the original parts that came with the car then yes, replace them.

All the parts mentioned have the symptoms you said that now plague your car.

Start with the sensors and go from there.
Id also check your grounds to make sure they're making good electrical contact. If these have never been cleaned it's time.

Good luck and let us know how things go. ?

Registered
16 VT
Might want to diagnose the crank sensor. You could just replace it, yes, but that is not the right way. Depending on what he did, he could of damaged something I suppose, not sure. Dealers don't "shave" for sure

weekend racer
no, dealers will want to replace since our flywheels are specifically dual mass and a WEAR ITEM.

shave is the wrong term... resurface would be correct.

it sounds like your mechanic may have left something unplugged, or not completely plugged in... those codes are easy places to start about it.

Reactions: Gino423

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
If the items mentioned are the original parts that came with the car then yes, replace them.

All the parts mentioned have the symptoms you said that now plague your car.

Start with the sensors and go from there.
Id also check your grounds to make sure they're making good electrical contact. If these have never been cleaned it's time.

Good luck and let us know how things go. ?
turns out he did not put my motor mount bolt how crazy!

weekend racer
wow...

Reactions: misnblu

Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 馃か
turns out he did not put my motor mount bolt how crazy!
And this is the main reason I let nobody touch my car or repair it.
I dont even let them help me work on it. No trust but in yourself and what you do.
Ive never been in a situation I can't fix on a car. Yet. ?????

Glad you found out the problem and geez, where do these so called techs get their ASE certification? ??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts