Veloster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
weekend racer
7,820 Posts
can you give us more information on your car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car shifts fine when i start it and im in idle about 3-4 seconds in it starts small amd slowly builds up that rattle noise that sounds like it’s coming from under the shift knob

somewhere im the tranny i assume

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really don’t know how to fix it dont have a mechanic or something ill pay someone if they can help even though its on here through message

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
513 Posts
Have you even gotten under the car to see if there is something rubbing, like your exhaust or heat shield in that area?
That's what it sounds like to me.
Your shifter won't make that kind of sound and if it was loose enough to rattle that bad then you'd feel it while shifting.

Get under the car and see what you're hearing.
It might be something as simple as a loose heat shield for the exhaust in that area.
Good luck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Since these shifter modules (well, that's what it is, a module) don't sit directly on the transmission, they are linked by cables. I'm wondering if for some reason the clips holding yours have have gotten worn over time. It sounds like a transferred vibration. Or it could be something to the extent of what misnblu said.

·
weekend racer
7,820 Posts
the shifter cables run through the firewall and not near the exhaust at all.

the exhaust is rubbing on the body somewhere. probably under the shifter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is the sound, with clutch engaged? Or disengaged? Maybe clutch plate, pressure plate, release bearing? Remembering when you start it you press the clutch (disengage). So the sound starts after you foot off the clutch (engage). This may help you eliminate a clutch issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts