Veloster Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah, understandable. If you have the money and can take it in it may be better. Due to my budget I have to fix things myself. I found my last USB update i ordered from Hyundai direct. Ill put the pic here. The part number for the update is 96560-AV002 but this is in the USA. I later updated again with an update meant dor the same console but a newer year Hyunda Elantra i think and that fixed everything more or less.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you lived in the USA I would just give you my spare if it fits your car. New is about $300. I just looked up the USB and its no longer available but I could always clone mine and send it to you if your dealer doesnt have it. But if you end up replacing your head unit then that will be pricey for sure. Often I go to the Hyundai Parts Outlet, look up parts numbers and if i cant find it for cheaper i will order it direct. Here is the link. If you suspext your dealer is grossly over charging you, you can compare to this site. Convert the USD to AUS of course. Just some options for you.

Heres my spare unit.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I updated mine for free and left instructions. This is assuming the North America firmware
How-to

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
@buschchris1 ...
Thanks so much, I understand it's costly but I have no one who is good with cars to do it the cheap way. You are so lucky you can do these things yourself. I don't want to spend too much but I think I have no choice. I'll book it in after Xmas and I'll let you know how I go 👍😁

·
Registered
174 Posts
What I did is I went and got an android head unit from China that was designed for the Veloster. I then took it apart and put the light dim stickers on the LEDs for the front panel, since those lights are a fixed brightness of BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN on the Chinese units. Then I went to xda-developers and installed a custom ROM (I use HAL9k) instead of the factory one. Been using that ever since, and it gives me navigation and the ability to setup an integrated dashcam, internet radio, and so on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
@buschchris1 ...
Thanks so much, I understand it's costly but I have no one who is good with cars to do it the cheap way. You are so lucky you can do these things yourself. I don't want to spend too much but I think I have no choice. I'll book it in after Xmas and I'll let you know how I go 👍😁

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hey hey, I booked my car in to Hyundai for a diagnostics test on my navigation system and she quoted $1000 to get the unit replaced of I decided. I have just
Well well well I decided to run the top of a toothpick along the edge of the fascia where it joins the screen. One edge was touching the screen. It has been working now, good as gold for 3 weeks without a fault. Didn't even cost me 1 cent. Fingers crossed, this is as I need. Thanks everyone for your support and advice. Please pass on this information of you see anyone else complaining of the same thing woo woo!!!!!!!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts