Veloster Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Has anyone else done tunes on the NAV out there that maybe have forgotten to post here??? C'mon, SHARE!!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Has anyone else done tunes on the NAV out there that maybe have forgotten to post here??? C'mon, SHARE!!!

Who tuned it?
Turbo Kits.com
DCTor Manual Transmission?
Manual
Custom or Canned? Stock ECM
What were your Bolt-Ons? Cold Air Intake / Axle Back Exhaust
HP/TQ Dyno results (If you have them)? 13 hp dyno results posted long time ago in TK thread
Did you get a second ECU? Approx Cost? na
Tuned for what type of gas (87, 89, 91) 87 octane, only gas NAV needs
Your thoughts of increased performance, lag, Gas mileage? Seat of the Pants increase yes, that's all ass no science to it.
Would you do it again? Absolutely !

·
Registered
23 Posts
Who tuned it? SFR
DCT
canned tune
Injen Cai, res delete borla axel back,
150 hp and 139 pounds of torque
SStock ecu tuned
350 dollars
91 octane fuel
I feel like it made a difference, better throttle response and better throughout the power band
Would I do it again? Yes. For a custom tune

Johnathan NAV Veloster Remix Dyno @ IFO Baytown:

·
Registered
620 Posts
so consensus is that the Butt Dyno likes the canned tunes...with a CAI and exhaust...how are the numbers? I've yet to see (maybe i'm not looking hard enough?) a dyno report with just bolt ons and a new or tuned ECU?

·
weekend racer
6,818 Posts
i have a whole thread on it somewhere.

·
Registered
87 Posts
A bit late to the game here. When I recently traded in my Mustang I used my SCT tuner to return it to stock and unmarry the tuner from the vehicle. I believe that at this point, I can get a tune for the V if such a thing exists. I'll have to contact the fellow that sold me the tuner. It came with three tunes installed. 87 octane efficieny, 87 octane performance and 93 octane performance. Easily can update / change the tunes in the handheld via USB I just need to see what (if anything) is available for it.

·
weekend racer
6,818 Posts
it doesnt exist. atleast not yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I drove in and drove out 1 1/2 hrs later. About 12-15 HP, smoother acceleration with no dead spot and better gas mileage. Well worth it to me!

·
weekend racer
6,818 Posts
not bad! do you have your own dyno sheet?

·
Registered
8 Posts
not bad! do you have your own dyno sheet?
No we didnt dyno. No need really because the ECU settings were already pre saved and programmed into mine. I have no bolt on stuff, completely stock so the settings were already there for him to program.

·
weekend racer
6,818 Posts
your mileage may vary...

need something to back it up. otherwise i would consider it money out the window.

·
Registered
8 Posts
your mileage may vary...

need something to back it up. otherwise i would consider it money out the window.
I thought about a dyno when I left but didnt have much time. I live in St George Utah and was in Cali visiting family. I can honestly say the difference was not so much in horse power as it was in over all performance. 10-15 hp is not much bro. What impressed me was when he described the lag points in the acceleration band and it was exactly how it felt to me. He did this by reading the stock settings and comparing it to how he was going to set it. My issue was dead spot lag at low RPM and then again at high RPM. I hated it! The only time I had decent acceleration was from 3000 rpm to 5000 rpm. The flash cleared that up. It also gave me a slight better response when I first hit the gas. For me it was well worth it. Dude I can take right turns in 3rd gear and accelerate smoothly with no lag now. I have no idea if your car has the same issue as mine. If yours car doesn't have the issues I had then I guess it wont help you. I'm just giving you my experience. The car drives like it should have from day one!

BTW I have no bolt on's. All stock see my signature.

·
weekend racer
6,818 Posts
i had a dyno tuned and semi bolted NAV years ago, from BTRs experience the car should not have been making the power it did but it was a low number car - 283 off the assembly line for 2012. we haven't seen anything even come close with a tune over the years. 15hp is a tough claim, and the only company that has proven power bolt ons for the NAV doesn't make the parts anymore due to low interest.

my 2012 didnt have any lag or troubles, it was strong even before mods. check my signature.

anyways my opinion doesn't matter. you're happy with it and that is what matters.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i had a dyno tuned and semi bolted NAV years ago, from BTRs experience the car should not have been making the power it did but it was a low number car - 283 off the assembly line for 2012. we haven't seen anything even come close with a tune over the years. 15hp is a tough claim, and the only company that has proven power bolt ons for the NAV doesn't make the parts anymore due to low interest.

my 2012 didnt have any lag or troubles, it was strong even before mods. check my signature.

anyways my opinion doesn't matter. you're happy with it and that is what matters.
167 hp wow! Nice! I guess my ECU just had bad programming from factory. Maybe they were trying to meet MPG for my model in 2014, who knows. I'm not doing anything else to mine. On my way back down from Cedar City 2 days ago I was getting 44 MPG! it was downhill from 6000 to 3600 feet though so it helped! lol These little cars are fun to drive but they do have their issues! Take care!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts