Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought it would be good to hear from the members who have had their NAV Veloster tuned. Could you please let us know?

Who tuned it?
DCTor Manual Transmission?
Custom or Canned?
What were your Bolt-Ons?
HP/TQ Dyno results (If you have them)?
Did you get a second ECU? Approx Cost?
Tuned for what type of gas (87, 89, 91)
Your thoughts of increased performance, lag, Gas mileage?
Would you do it again?

·
weekend racer
6,460 Posts
I don't believe there are any yet. I may be the first since I'm paid in full for the BTR event in September.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'll add that my tuner can put me right back to stock if need be.....

Go RPW, I know you paid & are patiently (or NOT) waiting. I cant wait to see the difference in SFR's & BTRcc's results.

Good luck Chris..

·
weekend racer
6,460 Posts
but you have to go to the tuner to do that. or can you DIY?

i'm not patient but it fits into my schedule! atleast i'll have the TK exhaust install to hold me over at the end of the week.

·
Registered
458 Posts
but you have to go to the tuner to do that. or can you DIY?

i'm not patient but it fits into my schedule! atleast i'll have the TK exhaust install to hold me over at the end of the week.
Unfortunately it's NOT a DIY, so yea, I'd have to see Jay/SFR for that.... It's not an issue for me though. He's within reach thankfully.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Id like to see all of these non TUNE RELATED posts removed.
I agree, it's muddying the point of the topic.

Having said that, Canada had a tuning day but I don't see anyone posting anything about it... I wonder how many NAV's showed up.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I believe there was one the day before I had my VT done. He has posted his review on the Toronto FB page. I'll remind him to post here.

·
Super Moderator
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
701 Posts
I believe there was one the day before I had my VT done. He has posted his review on the Toronto FB page. I'll remind him to post here.
Could you copy/paste what he said, please? I haven't seen anything about NAV's other than SFR's FB page...

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hey, all. I spoke to Jay at SFR last night and he told me that they haven't tuned any DCT NAV's yet. We need people to show up to their events...

·
weekend racer
6,460 Posts
BTR has tuned a DCT though, this past the 19th.. from their FB page -

"The Dyno didn't gain much (5-6+whp) about what can be expected out of a n/a 1.6. however, the throttle lag where it litterally falls asleep on you is no longer. a few more tests left to do on the DCT"

·
Registered
701 Posts
What is btr gaining for the manual? SFR showed a tune for manual that was like +19 whp... I know it might have been a fluke one off, but that's a lot.

·
weekend racer
6,460 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
If that's true, that's pretty damning to SFR. It's pretty messed up. I know SFR can now come back and say the dyno they posted on FB was just them goofing and wasn't the real advertised dyno, but they should have said that on their post.

If it is true, it is sad that we are such a small community and that their reputation is probably not going to get too hurt.

·
weekend racer
6,460 Posts
Just makes me glad that I spent my money elsewhere.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Just makes me glad that I spent my money elsewhere.
I'm holding my wallet shut until I actually see various people post up their opinions. $450 for 5 WHP and zero gain in torque doesn't seem worthwhile for me right now. Maybe when I start seeing some posts up here that are actual reviews, then I'll consider it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Did this tune have any mods? Exhaust, Intake plus tune? If so, 5 whp is not a big gain if all the items are combined... If by itself, maybe...

·
weekend racer
6,460 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
18 Participants
RPW00Mirage
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing