Veloster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'16 Vitamin-C NAV Tech Edition
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

So I bought a used 2016 Hyundai Veloster NAV DCT (auto) with 63K miles on it from a dealership. I noticed every so often when I accelerate, it feels like the car is stuck in a lower gear and the RPM's go up as if I'm forgetting to shift into the next gear. The only way it stops is if I put it in Sport then back out of Sport, hit the paddle shifters to get it out of the gear it's stuck in, or start slowing down. I feel like it normally happens when I'm trying to pick up on speed whether it's getting onto the highway or catching up with traffic. I have never had a DCT so I don't know if this is normal or not.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be normal, DCTs feel different for sure. But, someone with a DCT may know better.
I know the "sluggishness" is normal when accelerating as you're not supposed to just stomp on the accelerator but not sure about the feeling of it being stuck in gear and the RPM's skyrocketing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had a white '16 with DCT in Illinois and experienced similar - only felt like it was stuck in gear a couple of times in the 2 or so years I had it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a white '16 with DCT in Illinois and experienced similar - only felt like it was stuck in gear a couple of times in the 2 or so years I had it.
This happens every so often. Not every day but maybe once or twice a week.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
I'd worry if it ever got "hung up" in gear. This isn't the smoothest DCT, that is for sure. My Nissan Versa was like buttah!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts