Veloster Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 NAV Veloster DCT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Confusion on magnaflow exhaust. Turbo kits.com shows a magnaflow cat back exhaust and states it fits the 2013 Base, manufacturer number is 15123 but, magnaflow shows the same exhaust same picture and everything but has it listed as an axle back that does not fit the 2013 NAV with the same part number 15123. Magnaflow also has that same exhaust listed again as a cat back that fits the 13 NAV but with extra piping part number 15060. Any insight on this? Has anyone purchased the the magnaflow cat back from turbo kits. I’ll post all three links. Turbokits magnaflow 15123: Magnaflow Dual Center Rear Exit SS CAT Back Exhaust Magnaflow 15123: MagnaFlow Street Series Axle-Back Performance Exhaust System Magnaflow 15060: MagnaFlow Hyundai Veloster Street Series Cat-Back Performance Exhaust

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,683 Posts
i believe the exhausts are pretty much identical with the exception of the tips and diameter, however you're right, the fitment doesn't seem correct. the kit shows tips for both the NAV and turbo. one of the ones you linked only has 2.25 diameter exhaust which i would think is exclusively for nav while the other one with 2.5 could certainly work for both.

·
Registered
2013 NAV Veloster DCT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i believe the exhausts are pretty much identical with the exception of the tips and diameter, however you're right, the fitment doesn't seem correct. the kit shows tips for both the NAV and turbo. one of the ones you linked only has 2.25 diameter exhaust which i would think is exclusively for nav while the other one with 2.5 could certainly work for both.
Oh wow thanks! I didn’t even think to look at the diameter for some god awful reason. That makes a whole lot more sense. Now I have to decide between magnaflow, borla, Megan racing or most say straight pipe with muffler and resonator delete which I more than likely will not do I’d rather get a good exhaust.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
934 Posts
Oh wow thanks! I didn’t even think to look at the diameter for some god awful reason. That makes a whole lot more sense. Now I have to decide between magnaflow, borla, Megan racing or most say straight pipe with muffler and resonator delete which I more than likely will not do I’d rather get a good exhaust.
The latter will do you just fine and you'll be more than happy with the sound.
All the name brands do is cost you money for the name and a good muffler shop can do any of this for less. Just ask for the 2.5" diameter if the muffler shop does the work as the crubent pipes have a slightly reduced diameter at the bends from being crush bent. This will also ensure a nominal 2.25" front to back.

I have my exhaust like mentioned with full header, no cats, one resonator, and a bullet muffler for a sound that better than any Veloster NAV or Accent could ever sound. It's reminiscent of the old B16 Honda n/a built motor that has an intoxicating sound. 😂😉🤷🏼‍♂️
Another words I like it. 😁😎

Considering the Veloster NAV and Accent have the same motor and basically the same exhaust they should sound similar.

Here's mine on a cold start immediately after the header install. Dont mind the black smoke as that's soot residue loosened up from the install. 😉
Btw the pops and bangs aren't from a tune but from good breathing. 😍

Anyway good luck with your exhaust quest and keep us informed. 👍🤞🙏🏽

1 - 4 of 4 Posts