Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an OEM "N" wing for our Turbo for $300 delivered from Korea

Velostor.jpg

Now I have no idea of what can be done with the original wing, any suggestions?

I followed this guys video and it took less then 10 minutes to do the swap.

·
Super Moderator
4,459 Posts
Looks good. Did you buy it through Albert?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was debating on my buying one for my 2019 Veloster Turbo, but I think you just sealed the deal for me. How long did it take for it to arrive from the purchase date? Did you get it through ebay or do you have a website for us? Thanks man! It looks dope!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not painted.

It is gloss black plastic with fake carbon fiber inserts.

It is the same as the black part of the non-N style wing

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered mine from ebay as well seller: "genie-shop". I will let everyone know how long it took to arrive and details.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Looks good.

I wish I could put one on but it takes me out of the "street" (stock) class in autocross even though it is mainly decorative.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought an OEM "N" wing for our Turbo for $300 delivered from Korea

View attachment 124308

I followed this guys video and it took less then 10 minutes to do the swap.

I meant you can Carbon fiber wrap the stock spoiler and whenver you want a new look, just put the stock back on

·
Registered
100 Posts
I decided to get part of the roof wrapped in satin black. I think it looks a lot better and I even like it better then the black roof on the Ultimate version

Hmmmm..... An interesting idea.. .though, I would wrap mine in something like WHITE... and it would be ugly. Thing is... BLACK here in SW FlawDUH? LOL.... That's a bigtime NOPE!

I previously owned a '13 NAV in Ultra Black w a glass roof. HOLY HELL that thing was a hotbox in the "summer"!!!!!

I will say though, I do like yours... the black and red work very well together!!!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have been pondering the same for quite some time now myself. I am very happy w the N spoiler though! And I think the config and added height of the third brake light is a bigtime plus in the "DON'T BLAST ME IN THE ASS" department!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I, too, came across the video and want to do that mod. I'm a bit worried about the really strong glue that keeps the spoiler on. I don't want to accidentally scratch my hatch or something. Dealer wants 375, which is more than it costs online with shipping by nearly 60 bucks. Not sure why that is as people on the YT comments section say their dealers are offering for under 300 bucks at their dealerships. If anyone has a good source that's under 315 shipped, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Here's where I got mine. Took a bit of time as when I ordered... it was out of stock. As to getting the stock spoiler off, not an issue. Just remove all the fasteners... get your hands in there and work them closer and closer to the "adhesive"... which is two-faced foam tape. You will see the locations if you look at the underside of your new spoiler, use that as a guide. Slow, steady pressure and they will pop off.

Good luck and do post results!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Finally got mine installed.

I will say this, the install is fairly easy. The hardest part is the fact that you have to bend the existing spoiler so much before you break loose the double sided sticky tape they have in there. For me, the circle around the wiring/hose hole was the hardest to break free.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has this been done on a 2020 yet? Does anyone know if there are differences in mounting structure in 2019 compared to 2020? Im trying to order through a local dealership cause it might be easier so i'll have more options if they can look for 2019 and 2020 equipment.

Thanks

·
weekend racer
7,772 Posts
It's the same so should work the same.

Reactions: sonic_vt2
1 - 20 of 27 Posts