Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I hope it sounds as good as it looks. Nice work.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They had those tips fortunately.
He wanted $65 for it. On amazon it is about that much. While installing he accidentally dropped it and it got scratched. I asked a discount and he gave me $25 discount. He offered to replace it with a new one next weekend at no added cost but I wanted a discount instead.
Total came to $150 for install and tip. Muffler was $74 from amazon.

Sound is meh. Haha.

·
Registered
50 Posts
best vid on an exhaust I've seen. I wonder what it would look like if you trimmed around that factory shaped hole and "framed" those two coming out from the middle of carbon fiber instead of the size difference between the two round exhaust pipes and the old exhaust hole?

·
Registered
50 Posts
LOL, btw, just noticed, but that yellow color makes the hatch handle look like a smiley face. i'd be sooo tempted to remove the Hyundai logo and airbrush on some wicked eyes LOL

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
best vid on an exhaust I've seen.
Thanks!

That framing idea blinked in my mind but I passed on it because it is too much work. And when you look at the car from behind, you only notice two shiny circles and don't pay that much attention to the gap between the tips and the bumper because it looks dark down there.

I momentarily considered putting one large oval tip but I like the dual tip better. I have seen single oval tip on Miatas and didn't like them.

From the cockpit, you can hardly hear the exhaust. The resonator soaks up most of the exhaust sound.
The current set up may please bystanders but not the driver so much. Getting rid of the resonator will please the driver's ears but it could get too loud for the people outside... If I can find a resonator that silences at 50% rate of the OEM, I would like that.

Edit: When it comes to emblems, I like OEM. :)

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
+1 on the well done vid. The sound is impressive, not obnoxious.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have the same muffler and love it. I did not want to remove the resonator and I have been told once the short ram intake is installed the sound will change drastically. Love the tips by the way!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This muffler is very quiet from cockpit. I am thinking maybe I should get the resonator taken out. I am on the border. This is probably the quietest car I have owned. I didn't take it off because I thought it would put me out of stock class in autoX. But upon further research I learned that the entire catback can be replaced/changed and still be in stock class.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts